1C & Atari Announce U.S. Co-Publishing Deal

Bob_Marley

Tank
Reaction score
Russian publisher 1C Company has announced a new distribution and co-publishing deal with Atari to bring its 2007 lineup of some 10 RPG, RTS, and first-person shooter games directly to the U.S. for the first time.

Ze News!

Interview with 1C's Nikolay Baryshnikov about this new deal

Now, I personally find this very exciting as it means that 7.62 (the Sequil to Brigade E5: New Jagged Union) will not be relying on a 3rd party publisher for its english release.

In addition, this will bring in many new Russian games to the western market, which will add substantial diveristy to the western games market.

O M F G, another Brigade E5 fan!?xD I thought I was the only one on this board that loves that underdog!

This is indeed great news I saw it on GameSpot a few week(s) back or so, and hopefully increases the chances of 7.62 reaching English-speaking markets!

Bob_Marley, I presume you frequent the Strategy First boards for Brigade E5? If not, there are some awesome weapon mods on there.:)

Oh yes I do! Whats your handle on there?

The Immortal mod looks like its going to be awesome, with the new weapons and rebalancing.

I'm not currently registered there, has been a non-reg 'reader' since they opened though, the info about 7.62 is nice, only thing that is dissappointing is that it still lacks destructible buildings ala Silent Storm!:)

True. Making it so you could blast holes in walls of buildings and/or demolish the whole thing would make the RPGs way more handy than they are now. And I always liked making my own LAW doors in JA2.

I hope they make Zaterinuy Myr games in English, only played the first one but my brother said that the new ones are good too, but he never sent them over. : /
It's just that I can read English better than Russian.

Lol, stay on topic, people.

Someone explain to me what this game is?
You tell the topic-creator and me to stay on topic and yet you've obviously not even read the links, because if you had you'd known this was not a game, but rather that Atari has signed a co-publishing deal with one of the biggest Russian/Eastern European gamepublishers(And sometimes devs) to bring their games over to North America.:LOL:

And we're staying on-topic, because 7.62 and Brigade E5 are some of the most popular games in eastern europe from this publisher right now..

Back