9600 XT vs 9800 SE

LilBoy0626

Reaction score
yes i know i should wait till the new cards come out but when they do im still not going to be able to get a 9800 pro cuz theyll still be over 200 bucks so what i was thinking was waiting to get a 9600 XT or a 9800 SE (Im gonna softmod the 9800 SE to a 9800 or 9800 pro) when the time comes which would be better?????Or will the 9800 pros be under 200 bucks by then????

thx

Buy the Hercules 9800SE AIW

It's guarenteed* to softmod, and it runs really well, easy to overclock, but it's a .15 micron GPU, so it can get rather toasty. So make sure you keep it cool :)

Mine's at 405.5mhz Core and 364.5mhz Memory :)

*Halflife2.net accepts that it's not actually guarenteed to softmod, and accepts no responsibility for any of your actions. This means you.

yea you can easly softmod a 9800 SE to a stock or even pro i've heard. And a 9800 stock is better than a 9600 XT.

So I second badgers claim.

ok well 9800 se it is
now should i go with the aiw or the regular
they both are supposed to be able to softmod to an 9800 pro
and when shouldi buy it????

oh yeah where should i get it??
i can get the 9800 se L-shpaed mem for 147 at newegg.com

Foxtrot, it's modification of the hardware via means of modified drivers :)

I have a softmodded 9800SE to a 9800 Pro, I get 5589 3dmarks... with stock cooling :)

mr badger seeing as u get that high in 3dmark im gettting a 9800 se as soon as possible
is it aiw or just regular and where should i get it from

also one last question i have a 9600 np oced to 415 clock 246 mem is it worth while to update to that 9800 se or will in a couple of months the 9800 pro be down to what the 9800 se is now or would it be worth buying the 9800 se now to get teh performance of thee 9800 pro at teh cost it will be in a couple of months

yeah i kinda did ramble on
here it is again in non retard talk

iff i buy the 9800 se now and softmod it to 9800 pro for about 150$would i get the same value and graphics performance as if i waited for the 9800 pro to drop to 150$ near summer time

also do u have a 9800 se or a 9800 se AIW

I have a 9800SE AIW, mainly cos I'm a consumer whore, and I wanted the remote :eek:

Yeah, you'll have the same performance pretty much. But whether you want to wait is up to you.

well im hoping as soon as possible bacuse my dad is paying me to build him a website, although i have no clue how, so my first payment would go toward this

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-348&depa=0

yes i know its not a AIW but it has the L-Shaped memory which can be softmodded to a 9800 pro

id really like the AIW, do u know of anywhere i can get it cuz i cant find it anywhere

oh yeah side note do u know how to build websites cuz i just need someone to give me the basics and i can go from there

I just stick a board in my agp slot and it runs counter-strike which I play all day :sniper:

lilboy, i wouldnt advise getting the card on ur link mainly because it says it only has 128bit memory interface (or wotever the "bit" is for), and to softmod to the 9800pro u need 256bit. the hercules 9800se AIW has 256bit so i recommend getting one of those.

i would if i could find a 9800 se anywhere
where can i find one
oh yeah the link i put up is 256 bit because it has L shaped memory

se = Suck Edition

Xt = pwns all

9800 Pro norm = Better than se not as good as xt.

Anything with se after it means that they have to many parts so they have to put them to use. I got a 9600se and it ran like a 8000pro.

well you know what since i just got a 30 on the act i get to build a computer under agrand so it looks like daddys getting a the new ATI card when it comes out
SWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back