A good power supply?

Murray

Tank
Reaction score
Hello. I'm using a Macron 300W power supply at the moment and it is aproaching the end of its days, so I need to get a new one. (obviously)

I'm not one of those blokes who uses like 10 harddrives or anything like that. I'm satisfied with 2 harddrives, 2 CD-units + I was thinking of getting a Radeon9800PRO, so 350W would do, right?

So, anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys out there could give any advise.
Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Would be nice if you told me about any good trademark. Possibly even a link.

A 300+ would be very comfortable. My friend runs 1CD-ROM +DVDBURNER + HDD (x1) + Radeon 9800PRO on a 280W :)

350 would do fine :D

Told you already about the 550w beast.

Even a good brand 300w PSU would be good enough for your needs but as the defualt wattage in most high end system is 350w (same as mine) then 350w will be more than enough and would be what i recommend. Please remember that some recent Nvidia 6800 ultra reviewers ran the card fine on systems with only a 300watt PSU.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post here.

I have a 250Watt power supply.

I currently have 1CD/DVD drive, 1 CD Burner, a P4 2ghz, and 1 hard drive

This all came like this when I bought it. Will I need to upgrade my power supply to have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro run on it?

:O You can find an Antec 300 Watt for about $30-$60 and 550 Watt for about $100.

Is the Antec 300W power supply better than the usual 300W power supplies?
Because I find them rather expensive.

:naughty: Antec is known for having quality products.

ailevation said:
:naughty: Antec is known for having quality products.
I'll take that as a "yes" and aim for getting an Antec 300W instead then. :naughty:

Back