Adware

Asus

Reaction score
How many of you find Ad pop-ups in a window behind your browser? It seems like it happens only when I come to halflife2.net. :dozey:

I just reinstalled Windows Defender (anti-spyware/adware) and it found Twain Tech (adware). I had it delete the files (C:\WINDOWS\smdat32a.sys and smdat32m.sys). I have not had any Ad pop-ups yet today. I've read posts in other threads saying that both Spybot and Adware were not able to detect anything.

I also installed Adblock for firefox incase it came from any of the banners on the site. Just right click on ads and block.

FYI before you download Windows Defender, it will want you to install WGA (windows genuine advantage checks).
It's funny MS uses Firefox to show downloading their plug-in. lol

don't get any ads whatsoever

adblock and firefox ftw

edit: attached my filters for thoes who want them.

Attachments

• adblock.txt
    7 KB · Views: 366
Hazar said:
don't get any ads whatsoever

adblock and firefox ftw

edit: attached my filters for thoes who want them.
The Brick said:
Rofl.

I've never had one since I got Adblock Filterset.G Updater.

Btw, I noticed in a screenshot that someone had the ability to block flash ads with adblock. Which extension is that?
Thanks!
destrukt said:
well, sorry to rain on your parade, but it only shows that because it has detected you're using firefox so it displays the correct in structions. if you go there using ie it will talk about the yellow bar and what not.

silly asus. :p
That's smart of them. I didn't even think of checking it out in IE. It was tricky going back to that page for the screenshot as it was since it kept jumping forward again. hehe

Back