Age of Ultron

Eejit

The Freeman
Reaction score
Daaamn. Good show I say.

Joss knocks it out of the park again, despite the darker tone and clearly being required to include setup for the next 5 or so Marvel films.

Ultron himself was great, you could really see the similarities with his hated "parent".

I watched it at the IMAX last night and was so excited afterwards I found it difficult to go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep.

Joss knocks it out of the park again, despite the darker tone and clearly being required to include setup for the next 5 or so Marvel films.
I thought all the setup for Civil War, Ragnarok, Black Panther, and the Infinity War was amazingly done, to the point where viewers without any kind of idea of Marvel's Phase Three line-up wouldn't even notice it was all there specifically for that reason. I'm just happy the darker tone was only kept to a limited degree, rather than going full Man of Steel. It was also nicely off-set by plenty of jokes and bantering which still felt relevant to the characters or the larger story.

Ultron was great too, I agree. The "human" dialogue helped sell his character a lot, and it's genuinely nice to see a villain legitimately fear for himself and his plans for once, rather than menacingly and pointlessly laughing any threats off.

it was a very fun movie and had so many good jokes, but they wasted Ultron´s potential. He was (for me) the only villain in the marvel movies which felt at least a little bit threatening (Imo Loki is stupid). I wish there was an endfight against him, maybe Hulk alone vs him, or all of them together, but nooo, they always make a 100vs100 endfight and then kill the endboss in 1 second. Every Hollywood movie does that except Man of Steel and Iron Man 1. Makes the villain less badass. The way they designed Ultron reminded me of the Robots in the Portal 2 universe.
The action scenes were really fun but they could be even better if they were a little bit slower with more setup and tension before and better camera perspectives.
Oh and the 3D was totally useless as always...
Overall definitly worth watching at Cinema.

and it's genuinely nice to see a villain legitimately fear for himself and his plans for once, rather than menacingly and pointlessly laughing any threats off.
this. They think to make a villain badass they have to make him not fear anything, but its the other way around. Unfortunately as I said they didnt have a proper fight against Ultron himself, only some small ones in the middle of the movie. Worst marvel villain: Guardians of the Galaxy

It was released on Thursday the 23rd in the UK, same as Germany, as Aizawa mentioned.

To be fair often we get films later, like in the UK Big Hero 6 came out several months after the US.

... Jane is better

yeah but why does the US get Age of Ultron later? Whats the point? Isnt the movie made by americans? xD
And we dont get films "often" later, we get them always later or at best we get them at the same day. Birdman and Whiplash came out like half a year after the US release, that is crazy.

It's god damn lucky that they understand that these films are supposed to be 'fun', because otherwise they could be so utterly gruelling - so calculated in the way narrative sets up future films, in the way characters escalate and de-escalate. It's also a real shame that the only sincerely great moment of the film was the Hulk v. Hulk Buster fight, and that only by throwing two incredibly vaguely powered guys at each other can you actually have good action.
I'm not sure why Ultron wasn't a convincing villain to me, perhaps it had something to do with the cannon fodder fight, astonishingly similar to the battle at the end of Avengers 1, that produced no great threat apart from a series of plans that had to be foiled one by one. Potentially a half hour of James Spader and Robert Downey being catty to one another would have swung me to a positive on the film?

wow that video is stupid... So release it first in America so americans can spoil it for the rest of the world? Like little babys which cry that their parents dont give them attention 100% of the time.

I'd like to question "why not release it simultaneously ?"

wow that video is stupid... So release it first in America so americans can spoil it for the rest of the world? Like little babys which cry that their parents dont give them attention 100% of the time.
I'd like to question "why not release it simultaneously ?"
That's what they're saying - releasing media on different schedules across the world in this day and age is pointless because people will just access it pre-release anyway.

But no seriously does anybody actually have an answer for that ?

The guys in the video you linked yourself explained the reasoning behind it, do pay attention.

The guys in the video you linked yourself explained the reasoning behind it, do pay attention.

"They make more money when they release internationally first rather than America first or simultaneously" -video

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear on my last question, So allow me to fix that. Why this ^?
How does North America getting a movie first or at the same time as other countries affect other countries interest in seeing the movie?

I think the implication is more that the international release builds extra hype for the US release, through social media.

The word of mouth gets a headstart.

Great action scenes. Great costume design. Loved Vision.

Whedon once again proves himself to be a terrible writer though.

Ultron was a great villian, and the character interactions were fantastic. Can't wait for the next one. :)

Finally saw it last weekend. I enjoyed it but I think the first one felt tighter. I don't like how they had to be so obvious about opening the doors to all those other films. If they had done away with the Thor pool scene nothing would have been lost.

Back