joule

Tank
Reaction score
BLINDNESS325.jpg

Release Date: September 19, 2008
Studio: Miramax Films
Director: Fernando Meirelles
Screenwriter: Don McKellar
Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Julianne Moore, Gael Garcia Bernal, Sandra Oh, Danny Glover
Genre: Psychological Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for violence including sexual assaults, language and sexuality/nudity)
Official Website: Blindness-themovie.com
Plot Summary: When a sudden plague of blindness devastates a city, a small group of the afflicted band together to triumphantly overcome the horrific conditions of their imposed quarantine. "Blindness," starring Academy Award?-nominee Julianne Moore, Gael Garcia Bernal, Mark Ruffalo, Sandra Oh and Danny Glover, is a psychological thriller about the fragility of mankind. Adapted from Nobel Laureate Jos? Saramago's masterwork, the film is directed by Academy Award-nominee Fernando Meirelles ("City of God") from a screenplay by Tony Award-winner Don McKellar ("The Drowsy Chaperone").

Trailer

Looks interesting enough.

Saw the trailer ahead of Ironman.

Reminds me of 28 days later...

Looks okay, solid cast and director. Was that Gael Garcia I saw there aswell?

the film got some bad reviews at cannes, fortunately i dont really care what critics ever think - let the audience decide. someone who gets paid to reflect their own opinion on something is dumb. bleh.

Is this a movie about the dangers of masturbation?

Looks interesting. Not going to the theaters but i will surely watch it once its out on DVD.

Well this is the director that did both City of God and The Constant Gardener so, I do have high hopes for the movie. The premise sounds a bit lacking at first but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, directors who have done good work before at the very least deserve that.

The novel was really good... hadn't heard that there was a movie version coming out 'til now. It'll be interesting to see if the film will work.

First impressions from the trailer -- the setting looks way too clean. I'm not kidding.... the place where they're quarantined needs to get covered in a good layer of filthy grime. Actually, everything needs more grime... the trailer was a little too cheesy/uplifting, whereas I got more of a dirty hopeless feeling from the novel. So hopefully the cheesiness doesn't take over too much.

Also, it reminded me a little bit of Children of Men, probably because the premise is similar (something catastrophic happens, but there's a glimmer of hope! also inspiring music!) and Julianne Moore is in this one too....

Reminds me of Day of the Triffids, only without the Triffids.

the music is from Sunshine, it looks decent

After seeing the trailer I thought it was very Children of Men-ish.

Back