Borg Cube v. Death Star

The snake is long

• Borg Cube

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Death Star

Votes: 60 63.8%

• Total voters
Right.

Now, if this is deathstar I, I'm voting cube. That thing couldnt target anything smaller than a moon with its super laser for toffie. And after the first shot its turbo laser batteries would be useless, as would the laser cannons of the TIE/In fighters stationed abord. While it could toast the cube with the super laser, it is unlikly to hit it. However, the effects of SW Ion cannons on the borg are unknown, so the 2500 mounted on deathstar I might be able to disable the cube long enough to bring the SL to bear and toast it. But, this is an unknown factor and so cannont be relied upon...

Star Wars.com(About the Death Star I) said:
The Death Star's superlaser derived power directly from the hypermatter reactor. Its faceted amplification crystal combined the destructive power of eight separate tributary beams into one single blast with the intensity of a stellar core. Though the energy output of this blast could be scaled to fire at smaller targets such as capital ships, the two instances in which the superlaser was fired were at full power at planetary bodies

Meh, I'm not a Trekkie or Star Wars fanatic... but the borg cube was just a giant cube... it wouldn't be that hard to blow it up with a single shot.

It depends. The cube is much smaller than the death star, and possesses weaker weapons. Death star could destroy it in one hit if it targeted it correctley. However, if the cube is able to dodge somehow it might be able to get close enough to beam drones on board. That is the cube's only hope of taking over the death star. It couldn't destroy it directley.

On the death star itself the empire has a huge advantage over most things trek, but I dont know about the borg. Borg are basically zombies, they possess no weapons but they have a knack for taking over all the ship's systems. Even so, in the large spaces of the death star borgs would stand no chance against the storm troopers.

So I vote death star.

EDIT: well this is what would happen if jean luc picard took on the death star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4

EDIT: well this is what would happen if jean luc picard took on the death star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
Hahahaha nice one. :D

I vote cube though, because the Death Star only have one huge weapon (right?), and the cube would just need to stay on the other side. I dont think the small lasers would be a big problem. Remember how one cube laid waste to like half the federation army early in ST:Next generation.

Hahahaha nice one. :D

I vote cube though, because the Death Star only have one huge weapon (right?), and the cube would just need to stay on the other side. I dont think the small lasers would be a big problem. Remember how one cube laid waste to like half the federation army early in ST:Next generation.

* Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser (1)
* Turbolaser batteries (5,000)
* Heavy turbolaser batteries (5,000)
* Laser cannons (2,500)
* Ion cannons (2,500)
* Tractor beam generators (768)

* Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser (1)
* Turbolaser batteries (30,000)
* Laser cannons (7,500)
* Ion cannons (5,000)
* Tractor beam generators (768)

The armaments of Death Stars I & II, respectivly (according to wookiepedia)

It would be fairer to have the borg diamond (nearly a cube!!!) and the deathstar, because it's the queen's ship.

The armaments of Death Stars I & II, respectivly (according to wookiepedia)

I have a better comparison to make.

Deathstar defense systems
-None

Cube defense systems
-Regenerative hull
-Subspace field

win

Length: 3,036 m
Beam: 3,036 m
Draft: 3,036 m
Mass: Unknown
Crew: 64,000 drones (capacity up to 200,000)
Maximum Speed: Unknown - capable of transwarp speed
Armament: Observed to use cutting beams, tractor beams, plasma beams, phaser weaponry, torpedoes.
Defenses: High-power subspace field, auto-regenerative hull

The death star's designed for destroying planets. It would probably have a hard time hitting a moving target.

NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

GEORGE LUCAS ALWAYS WINS!!!!

*shakes* "...nnnnya...nnnnya... all around me... nnnnya..."

And if he doesn't he comes back as ZOMBIE GEORGE LUCAS!!!!

zombiejd5.png

:O

The Borg will assimilate Vader and conquer every galaxy....ever! :D

The death star's designed for destroying planets. It would probably have a hard time hitting a moving target.
A planet is a moving target. Infact, it's a target that's moving incredibly fast.

Hmmm, Cube or Sphere... I would have to say Death Star, that laser was just....BBIIIIGGG!!

Those Borg Cubes are just comical, i mean if i saw a fleeto of flying blocks in space i would just couldn't laughing, until we got blown up.

Not in relation to its size. A borg cube would be much more difficult to hit.

Hense differentiating between I and II versions of the Death Star. II could hit it with ease, at which point it would be toast. I however, would have rather more difficulty.

Cube. Death Star has open chutes in that leads straight down into its reactor. Which is abit of a disadvantage if I ever saw one.

The Death Star easily and don't get me started on how much superior a Star Destroyer or Liberty class Capital ship would be over the Enterprise or a Borg Cube

The Death Star easily and don't get me started on how much superior a Star Destroyer or Liberty class Capital ship would be over the Enterprise or a Borg Cube

Please, get started.

Meh, now that i think about it, i think its comparing a tank to a long range artillary. The tank dodges the shots, but who can do the most damage?

I wonder who would win in a fight, a star wars nerd or a star trek nerd?

I was gonna write up a thing about how a Borg Cube would win, but I got completly lost in just reading through Wikipedia on Borg and transwarp and everything related.

Basically though a nanoprobe warhead would be enough to take out anything in the Star Wars universe. I believe the Borg would even give the Combine a run for their collective monies.

Species 8472 can easily take out Borg Cubes so I think they win. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_8472

I think who got the drop on the other might have a say.

Cube is more agile.... but deathstar is massive and has a ****-off huge laser thing!! But the cube will have shields....

It would SO be impossible to aim it at a moving cube.....
If the borg board the star then they can assimilate the **** out of the imperials!!
Why am I answering this seriously?
That's how I see it.

Seems to me that the Cube is better equipped for this fight but the Death Star would win at destroying planets.

YOU BASTARD ENNUI! I spent 30 minutes on my crappy ass internet logging into my photobucket to post the IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER pic. D: DAMMIT NOW YOU ARE MORE LOVED THAN ME!

Deathstar.

They will work together and asspwn the combine

There, everyone glad

Except the combine of course

maybe Vader had a bad day and force-chokes himself?

maybe not?

Pffft, Death Star would blow the Cube to pieces from half way across the galaxy. Maybe it has shields, but no shield can stand up to a laser that can blow up a ****ing planet.

Back