Browser-based 3D FPS game

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
web-basedfpsjoy.jpg

"......multi-player browser-based first-person shooter (that's a mouthful) called Phosphor. The game, developed by Rasterwerks, is in beta so it's not without it's problems. It locked up our mouse in Firefox when playing, but the overall initial experience was rather smooth and impressive. Check it out!

Note: this baby takes more load time than a PSP and you'll need to have Shockwave 10.1 to run it."

http://www.rasterwerks.com/game/phosphor/beta1.htm

cant try it, I'm at work ..but there's bots and servers you can join

The screenie look rather good, not awesome, but good.

installing shockwave...

in runs on a browser ..what do you expect? UT2007 like graphics?

briefly played it plays like quake

Saw this...thought it was barely worth mentioning. Its exactly this sort of sentiment that keeps my post count from exceeding 17,000. ;)

CptStern said:
in runs on a browser ..what do you expect? UT2007 like graphics?

briefly played it plays like quake

Never played UT so i dunno.

Played wiht some bots, some bugs, but otherwise ok game.

hmm...the browser based Quake2 lagged for me and i couldn't figure out why so im not sure this game will work.

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm...the browser based Quake2 lagged for me and i couldn't figure out why so im not sure this game will work.
Woah, haven't seen you in a while.

Dr. Freeman said:

I briefly tired it on my work pc: p4 2.8c, 512mb ram, ati 9200 (awesome graphic capabilities) worked fine, no lag ..it's all cpu intensive not graphic card as the game runs off of Macromedia shockwave

Back