Buying Computers Online Resource List

joule said:
They are popular in a specific subject.
hehe sorry if it was confusing. Edited.
Hazar said:
What do the stars mean?
* means the site is popular.
Some sites have more of a specific subject which is in the ( ).

I'm from mid-western Canada, ie Alberta, and there is few local part vendors as far as computers go, that I know of.
http://www.a-computers.ca

Theres two more for sure that work locally...can't remember their exact web addy's. B-computers and Kastlecom?

btw thanks for the links and the work Asus, its much appreciated.

NCIX.com is VERY good, I've been dealing with them for years, both online and in-store, great service, fast shipping, competitve pricing (and price-matching is very easy) and their forums are very active and full of people who know what they're talking about. I highly reccommend them.

SixThree said:
NCIX.com is VERY good, I've been dealing with them for years, both online and in-store, great service, fast shipping, competitve pricing (and price-matching is very easy) and their forums are very active and full of people who know what they're talking about. I highly reccommend them.
haha
I just realized I had it spelled wrong up there. ;)

Most. Discreet. Shamelessselfpromotion. Evar.

except for the store having your... NAME IN THE TITLE.
;)

well, after I got over the confusion of trying to comprehend that that was foreign currency (not more than 15 or 20 minutes :|), I have to say that Geforce 6800 gt has a killer price.

Edit: Um... Wait, that might be a website error...

Didn't you see the big grey 'CAD" beside the price?

I see the error, working on it :)

Check out the XFX 6600 GT, kicks ass!

I highly recomend NCIX if you are in canada. I ordered a DVD burner on monday night and it was on my doorstep wednesday morning. I have never had a single problem with them in the many orders I have placed over the years.

blackeye said:
I highly recomend NCIX if you are in canada. I ordered a DVD burner on monday night and it was on my doorstep wednesday morning. I have never had a single problem with them in the many orders I have placed over the years.

Agreed. I ordered a network card from them on Sunday, and I got it today. Very fast shipping.

You guys forgot GO-L!

waiit a minute.... NOOO THEY'RE OUT OF BUSINESS :( :( :( :(

I was going to buy one once I won the lottery! :(

Mind adding a swedish section? komplett.se and datorbutiken.se (komplett goes for a lot more than just Sweden, btw)

Sorry to have to put this in here but does anyone else have problems getting on www.ebuyer.co.uk ?. I have'nt been able to get on that site for weeks now.

UK:

www.tweakguides.com

THE tweak site. Their windows xp tweaking companion (http://www.tweakguides.com/WinXP.html) is one of the best guides around. It should be standard for any windows user. They (Actually, he. Manned by one guy) also has a ton of usefull gaming tweak guides. Boasting one of (if not THE) most comprehensive and informative Half Life 2 tweak guide available.

Has this thread all but been forgotten?

They have a new BF2 tweak guide if it sparks anybodies interest.

sinkoman said:
UK:

www.tweakguides.com

THE tweak site. Their windows xp tweaking companion (http://www.tweakguides.com/WinXP.html) is one of the best guides around. It should be standard for any windows user. They (Actually, he. Manned by one guy) also has a ton of usefull gaming tweak guides. Boasting one of (if not THE) most comprehensive and informative Half Life 2 tweak guide available.
quoted for uber post

Back