ChallengeRoom 17

S

shoany

I can't manage to get anywhere NEAR any of the three challenges in this room. 4 portals? Seriously? I must be missing some huge secret.

I just now did it in 4. Striving for 3 in a bit.

For the angled orb catcher, try using the cube to angle the orb into it.

Edit: Just finished it in 2.

Okay, I thought about that... but how'd you get it in 2? I mean, even at the beginning I can't think of a way to get past the first forcefield thing without using 2... and then during the platform bit I need at least 2 more...

Okay. Grab your cube first, of course. The first orb thrower you get to, put a portal on the way opposite to it. Now take your cube with you and drop down to the next area.

For the room to your left, simply use the cube to angle the orb into the catcher. That was simple.

Now put a portal on the protruded platform. This now allows a path for the orb to enter the second catcher. Now go into the room with two buttons. Place your cube on the elevated button, and, when the opportunity arises, stand on the other button when the orb is on its way.

Two orbs done, with still two portals.

Now here's where it gets a bit tricky. Place the cube down, or simply hold it with your portal gun in the orb's path to angle it into the last catcher. This may take many tries and a lot of timing/luck. When you've done this, grab your cube and enter the portal that you placed on the protruded wall, and make your way across the 3 elevated platforms to the end.

Or you could do it the dekstar way and simply crouch/jump/use on top of the cube with 0 portals... but that's no fun.

Hope you understood that.

Back