champions league

Lil' Timmy

Reaction score
ah hahahah, monaco beat chelsea 3-1, scoring 2 goals after going a man down! :LOL:

i'm not sure why, but i've never really like the premier league sides ('cept arsenal :)) then again, monaco is such a weird and in ugly place (imo), maybe i shouldn't root for them. anyway, i don't get much champions league over here in the states :(. how has this one been? i can follow the results, but we just get the occaisional game shown over here, like that porto/deportivo snooze-fest :|

monaco will take it, over fc porto :)

I assume yur talking about futbol...

there is no emoticon or word in the english language to describe the horror or shock or sheer disbelief on my face right now.

an american, following footie....how perverse.

chelsea haven't got the balls. and from the looks of it neither to arsenal, out of the FA cup and out of the champions league.

Dedalus said:
there is no emoticon or word in the english language to describe the horror or shock or sheer disbelief on my face right now.

an american, following footie....how perverse.

chelsea haven't got the balls. and from the looks of it neither to arsenal, out of the FA cup and out of the champions league.

im not american :)

Dedalus said:
yeah i know, thats why i want monaco to beat chelsea (as payback for beating arsenal :))

edit: i think dedalus is talking about me, six three

it would have helped if he put a name on it... anyways Canucks kick assssss!

/me kicks everyone and himself in groin.

the only futbol teams i have any allegiance to are Galatasaray and to a lesser extent Fenerbahce, and Besiktas.

/me breaks foot on his own groin.

It's been pretty good , primarily upsets as you can imagine with the various big teams going out and seriously I wasn't surprised at the Chelsea result a tinker too many from ranieri coupled with monaco on home turf who have had a fantastic few seasons under deschamps and the utter humping of real well .. :)

Lil' Timmy said:
ah hahahah, monaco beat chelsea 3-1, scoring 2 goals after going a man down! :LOL:

i'm not sure why, but i've never really like the premier league sides ('cept arsenal :)) then again, monaco is such a weird and in ugly place (imo), maybe i shouldn't root for them. anyway, i don't get much champions league over here in the states :(. how has this one been? i can follow the results, but we just get the occaisional game shown over here, like that porto/deportivo snooze-fest :|

monaco will take it, over fc porto :)

Ranieri made a big mistake in fielding Veron after half time in that match, up until that point Chelsea looked the better side (Lampard was running the midfield play through most of the first half). Veron has only just recovered from a 5 month long absence due to a back injury and his lack of match fitness and more importantly match mentality showed in his unhurried approach, which allowed Monaco to gain the midfield advantage. Ranieri should of put on Joe Cole or Mutu instead. Makalele's dive was appaulling (we aren't big on gamesmanship like that here in the UK), and deservedly cost him a place in the second leg. Hopefully Duff and Gallas will be fit enough to play.

Because Chelsea have the away goal they could technically go through if they win by as little 2-0 at stamford bridge. Keeping a clean sheet will be a hard task against strikers of Monacos quality though, so I wouldn't be suprised if the game went into extra time. It's a tough hill to climb, but not impossible.

Kadayi Polokov said:
Because Chelsea have the away goal they could technically go through if they win by as little 2-0 at stamford bridge. Keeping a clean sheet will be a hard task against strikers of Monacos quality though, so I wouldn't be suprised if the game went into extra time. It's a tough hill to climb, but not impossible.
yeha, good luck with all that.. my prediction: monaco by 2-1, advancing 5-2. you can quote me on that :cool:

Back