Corey Haim dead from drug overdose.

YROC

Formerly Hokey McSmokey
Reaction score
Corey Haim, known for his roles in 1980s films such as "The Lost Boys" and "License to Drive," has died of an apparent drug overdose according to news reports. His struggle with addiction was documented recently in A&E's "The Two Coreys," a reality show that co-starred Haim's frequent film pal, Corey Feldman. Feldman and Haim, once close friends, had struggled with their friendship in recent years, particularly because of Haim's problems with addiction. Feldman once said on the show, "I don't know if you have the strength to overcome your own demons." Haim, 38, was discovered dead this morning, the victim of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the Los Angeles Police Department (via KTLA television). However, a coroner said an official autopsy is needed to determine Haim's cause of death.

Full story here.

Idiot. What a waste of his life.

I actually get the two mixed up. I thought the other guy had died.

What type of drug was it? Im too lazy to check link

he was far more interesting as a trainwreck about to implode than as an actor

Holy **** why don't I just post the obituaries from my newspaper and we can mourn EVERYONE who died.

Honestly why do people care so much when a celebrity dies? Why does he deserve sympathy from strangers? Has he done someone important in his life?

Guaranteed no one here really cares, and they will probably forget about this after they log off..

Dog, you dumb ****. Of Course people care! HUMANITY CARES! They always care about shit. So just drop it. Ok?

Holy **** why don't I just post the obituaries from my newspaper and we can mourn EVERYONE who died.

sure except no one knows who they are.therefore they're not compelled to make a comment on their death unless it's under strange circumstances

Honestly why do people care so much when a celebrity dies? Why does he deserve sympathy from strangers? Has he done someone important in his life?

because just knowing who they are is a shared commonality that we use to relate to each other. stories where an average person overdoses has little to no impact because the person listening to the story doesnt know who they are so they're automatically distanced from the story. even when people die is spectacular or bizzare ways people pay little attention to the specifics of that person; name, occupation etc, unless it's tied to the incident. but when it's a celebrity most people can reach ionto their collective memory and relate with each other within context of the story

He called Feldman's wife a bitch. And so Feldman finally got around to having him pay for it.

sure except no one knows who they are.therefore they're not compelled to make a comment on their death unless it's under strange circumstances

because just knowing who they are is a shared commonality that we use to relate to each other. stories where an average person overdoses has little to no impact because the person listening to the story doesnt know who they are so they're automatically distanced from the story. even when people die is spectacular or bizzare ways people pay little attention to the specifics of that person; name, occupation etc, unless it's tied to the incident. but when it's a celebrity most people can reach ionto their collective memory and relate with each other within context of the story

I think Dog's point was that he's not notable enough for this to be worthy of a thread.

I have no idea who it is, and it seems some other people don't know either. I don't really mind the thread existing though, so I'm not going to complain or anything.

Also lol, just as I finished writing my post, I heard my brother downstairs say "Oh my god. Corey Haim is dead?"

I was at his IMDB page last month.

Guaranteed no one here really cares, and they will probably forget about this after they log off..

That was a really awesome tirade, bro. Especially considering not a single post before yours actually expressed the act of giving a shit.

Why is there a topic about this? Probably not for an outpouring of mourning and sympathy. More likely, whenever you ask yourself "Hey what happened to that washed-out 80's ****up Corey Haim" in the future, you can now remind yourself "Oh right, overdose LAWLZ".

Oh hell. I was like "What's he talking abou- :|"

I have no idea who it is, and it seems some other people don't know either.

It's an 80s thing. I grew up with his movies - loved Lost Boys, Prayer of the Rollerboys (bought the jacket and rollerblades - yes I was awesome), License to Drive, and even all the shit ones.

Death by Stereo, rip o/

Must have been all the fame that finally got to him.

Who is it again?

Also, theotherguy, I laughed.

Corey Haim overdosed on delicious Craisins, and how could he not? They're irresistable - Police

If they weren't prescribed then technically any dose is an over dose...in which case...Corey Haim dosed.

It's an 80s thing. I grew up with his movies - loved Lost Boys, Prayer of the Rollerboys (bought the jacket and rollerblades - yes I was awesome), License to Drive, and even all the shit ones.

Death by Stereo, rip o/

this, although I liked the other corey better ..especially in Lost Boys

corey-haim.jpg

I loved License to Drive, back in the 80's. Rest in peace.

Here comes Dog--, barging in with an opinion no one cares about. Again.

Apparently you do, eh?

It was just the way I read the post in terms of the thread, it's like the disgruntled angsty teen at a family dinner suddenly bursting out with his sophisticated, apparently revolutionary thoughts on things.

"So I saw in the paper the other day that Co--"
"Who cares! Everyone dies! You'll die! You're all a bunch of sheep!"
"...Uh, yes, son. Anywa--"
"Sellout!"
"We don't care go to your room!"
"Apparently you do, 'eh?"

FatGothKid.jpg

No I do this in every celebrity death thread. Most of the time no one cares, I hate the threads. People only care because the guy was in some movies from the 80's.. Why not mourn some random guy who died in WW2, he did more then this Corey douche.

Death by Stereo, rip o/

Pretty much this exactly.

No I do this in every celebrity death thread. Most of the time no one cares, I hate the threads. People only care because the guy was in some movies from the 80's.. Why not mourn some random guy who died in WW2, he did more then this Corey douche.

FatGothKid.jpg

We do mourn the people who died in World War II. Douche.

And anyway, admittedly this is the worst thread to start this argument in, but isn't it sad when a celebrity dies and you realise that s/he will no longer produce any more films/music/art/books etc? Someone you have perhaps grown up with influencing your life is no longer around. However, the person from your local paper's obituaries we have never heard of. I'm really not sure how you can compare the two.

RIP Haim. In the end, Batman #14 really was too serious of a book for him to handle.

This.

Go mourn the people who died for you and your freedom, not some rich singing sensation or whatever.

No I do this in every celebrity death thread.
If you have time to be doing this in every celebrity death thread (especially given what a year 2009 was), why don't you spend YOUR time mourning random WW2 soldiers instead of posting in these threads, and then taking the time to try and defend your opinion?

If you have time to be doing this in every celebrity death thread (especially given what a year 2009 was), why don't you spend YOUR time mourning random WW2 soldiers instead of posting in these threads, and then taking the time to try and defend your opinion?

Maybe he doesn't care about WW2 soldiers, much less celebrities. :p

**** yeah.

Back