CSGO Will now have items (This is not a simulation)

Not a huge issue in my eyes unless they alter the game in the way that TF2's items do. If it works like aesthetic items in dota I'd have no problem with it.

Premium community maps, interesting. I wonder what the restriction will be? Access to official servers I am guessing.

If CSGO starts to turn into a hat simulator with floating pink unicorns, then there would be an shitstorm.

Sounds to me like they're doing a system to reward community map makers by buying a pass add selected community maps to the matchmaking. That's a pretty neat way to get compensation to them and will probably be more lucrative to the map makers than TF2's map stamps.

Sounds to me like they're doing a system to reward community map makers by buying a pass add selected community maps to the matchmaking. That's a pretty neat way to get compensation to them and will probably be more lucrative to the map makers than TF2's map stamps.
It would be a pretty good way to reward CS:GO map creators and really boost creativity in order to get more community made maps made official. The workshop has some pretty fantastic and original maps.

Community map packs being delivered by developers is nothing new, nor will it effect competitive or vanilla gameplay. This is purely a good thing, it will eventually allow for easier scripting and addition of assets to community servers supplementing the workshop. I'm not sure why this was some kind of concern. They aren't bloating the shit out of it like TF2's obnoxious bullshit.

Hats. Hats everywhere as far as the eye can see. I think this will be a positive step forward for rewarding the community map makers. This also might be an extra incentive (other than being able to advertise your name everywhere on the map) for new map makers to go ahead and publish their own maps.

Asthetic stuff would be awesome...and suppressors. :)

Back