Day of Defeat's Longevity:

hungryduck

Tank
Reaction score
I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but Day of defeat is the one game/mod that I've been continously playing since I got into gaming....throughout all the updates/release as a retail game/the move the source, DoD has kept me interested. Why? Because the game just has a great "Feel" to it? Part of it is how smooth the source engine is.....but dod has always come across as a great, gritty, relatively simple FPS that has kept me coming back for more.
Anyone else experience this?

I started playing right before the 3.1 beta for the original halflife. And right now, its the only game I have installed on steam. Ive been in multiple clans, played in multiple leagues, and have played clanless for years. I am the same way.

I got it 3 weeks ago and it's just too good.

It requires team work unlike CSS where you can just mow people down and complete the objectives by yourself.

Most of the people who play DoD are always good team-players and forgive you if you accidently TK them.

<3 DoD.

Meh. Teamkilling in Counter-Strike you don't get forgiven.

nonetheless, its still enjoyable to do so.

DoD:S blows, Regular DoD is probably my favorite HL mod though.

I played DoD 3.1 or whatever for ages, then DoD:S came along and I got bored of it after a month, never really felt the same way about it as the old DoD :(

Anyone here try the COF/pistol PLug-ins?

tightens up the COF
adjust FRiction - slide after you stop
gives pistols to each class

It's used in CAL, a few pubs have it on, you can tell it's on in the GAME info tab it should say 'sentinal plugin' instead of Day of defeat Source

regular dod beats dod: s in so many ways.

6 more guns in total, and an entire british team.

I think Valve could add the British back in. I believe they are planning a big update for DoD:S after EP2 is released.

I've been addicted to it also. It has a real,realism to it. The recoil,the enviroment, the team work really isnt there that often. I've only seen team work on maps that are full of players and no spectators.

I've been addicted to it also. It has a real,realism to it. The recoil,the enviroment, the team work really isnt there that often. I've only seen team work on maps that are full of players and no spectators.

Are you f*cking kidding me?

There's zero realism.

IMO, CS: S has more teamwork, it just depends on how and where you play.

Back