Daybreakers

joule

Tank
Reaction score
Check out the trailer for this futuristic vampire film.

daybreaksheet.jpg

Daybreakers

Release Date: January 8, 2010
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Peter Spierig, Michael Spierig
Screenwriter: Peter Spierig, Michael Spierig
Starring: Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill, Vince Colosimo, Claudia Karvan
Official Website: Daybreakersmovie.com

Plot Summary: Two-time Academy Award nominee® Ethan Hawke plays Edward Dalton, a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race.

Sounds promising.

Sounds pretty cool.
Digging the poster.

I have vampires but I'll watch this movie because Sam Neill is in it.

I have vampires but I'll watch this movie because Sam Neill is in it.

Where do you keep them? How do you prevent them from escaping? I've been having trouble with the ones I catch.

lol Krynn, also this looks 10000X better than the crap Twilight brings forth.

These 3 names make it worth watching

Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill

agreed, its going to be a good movie from start to finish. also when is the release day?? i didn't catch it

QFT - Both Hawke and Neill only tend to pick up a role if it is quite good and the script is up to their standard...

QFT - Both Hawke and Neill only tend to pick up a role if it is quite good and the script is up to their standard...

But Willem Dafoe was in spiderman, so....

Willem "the enemy" however, doesn't have standards. He appeared in triple X 2, FFS.

NOTHING WILL BEAT LET THE RIGHT ONE IN SO NOPE NOT INTERSTED

Willem Dafoe and a crossbow are enough to sell me on anything.

Also, should I point out that Sam Neill was in Jurassic Park III and Event Horizon? Event Horizon has it's charms, but being a work of art isn't one of them.

I Am Legend spoilers:
The plot seems very similar to the idea of taking the end of I Am Legend (the book), and fast-forwarding the world a few hundred years.

I feel slightly guilty for having no idea who the 3 people you guys are excited about are.

Was that really the best picture of Dafoe you could find?

It's Dafoe in one of the most memorable war scenes in cinema - instantly recognizable, or at least I thought so anyway. I couldn't find many more of that exact scene, or that weren't some wallpaper with PLATOON plastered across it. Aye, I could of looked harder but that scene speaks volumes if you ask me.

Post up one yourself if you want.

Wow.

This actually looks GOOD.

This may be the first movie I'm excited to see in a very long time.

Was that really the best picture of Dafoe you could find?

Made me lol. Posting a picture of someone with their face not show to help someone recognize them doesnt usually work.

Looks pretty good. There's at least 3 good actors in it. Shouldn't be too bad.

Made me lol. Posting a picture of someone with their face not show to help someone recognize them doesnt usually work.

Read my post above. That picture is arguably one of Dafoe's most famous scenes over the last how ever many years. Obviously not to some, which is fair enough and I guess I've misjudged a few peoples knowledge of the guys career, just to me it's probably one of the most recognizable images in cinema, amongst a whole bunch of others of course. I googled Eathan Hawke as I was not familiar with the man and all I got was a bunch of smiling portraits and red carpet coverage of the guy and I still haven't a clue who he is. I remember actors for the characters they play.

For everyone who isn't familiar with one of modern war cinemas most memorable scene, here's a stock photo of who Willem Dafoe is.

Willem_Dafoe_1175087828032835.jpg

How incredibly dull.

Read my post above. That picture is arguably one of Dafoe's most famous scenes over the last how ever many years. Obviously not to some, which is fair enough and I guess I've misjudged a few peoples knowledge of the guys career, just to me it's probably one of the most recognizable images in cinema, amongst a whole bunch of others of course. I googled Eathan Hawke as I was not familiar with the man and all I got was a bunch of smiling portraits and red carpet coverage of the guy and I still haven't a clue who he is. I remember actors for the characters they play.

For everyone who isn't familiar with one of modern war cinemas most memorable scene, here's a stock photo of who Willem Dafoe is.

How incredibly dull.

Well yeah, its very recognizable, but im willing to bet most people who havent seen the movie in awhile will have forgotten his face, or even who played that characters role.

Anyways, Dafoe is actually a really good actor, as are all the rest. Consider me interested in this.

Though I think crossbows are a really stupid idea.

Well yeah, its very recognizable, but im willing to bet most people who havent seen the movie in awhile will have forgotten his face, or even who played that characters role.

Very true, aye. I guess I was speaking more from my own personal experiences - the cover of Platoon and Dafoe's character, Elias, are favourites of mine.

I'm interested for Neill's and Dafoe's roles in this, but that's about it for now.

Looks cool. Anybody know what song that is in the trailer?

Hmm, looks interesting.

NOTHING WILL BEAT LET THE RIGHT ONE IN SO NOPE NOT INTERSTED

I don't get why some of you are raving about this. It "only" was an OK movie IMHO. It was slow in a way that didn't really add to the mood and not much happened. So the plot was interesting but there was so little of it. They could've fit in more from the book into the movie (which I didn't read, but I heard it's got more background on the girl etc.).

more criticism of Antipop's post
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/sam_neil_laura_dern.jpg
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO LAURA DERN'S FACE

SHE WAS HOT IN THAT MOVIE, DAMNIT

I'D TAP THAT SHIT LIKE THE CLAW OF A VELOCIRAPTOR TAPPING ON A KITCHEN FLOOR

I can't take much more!

Do kind of want to watch Jurassic Park, though. Not for dino poop fingers (was that her?) but because it was a cool film.

Going to see it this Friday with some pals.

I don't get why some of you are raving about this. It "only" was an OK movie IMHO. It was slow in a way that didn't really add to the mood and not much happened.
Leave this place.

Anyway, this movie looks like it will be entertaining, despite what Qonfy said being correct.

let the right one in was a little slow but it was a great movie :)

This doesn't have any emasculated pedophile Vampires in it. That's good enough for me.

I'm definitely watching this during the weekend.

Back