DB:Source looking for a mapper

Nagash

Reaction score
Hi all, first of all i want to say a couple of things to clear up some stuff about the nature of our mod, then if your still interested, read on.

1: We are a mod based on an Anime called Dragonball Z. Anime mods are to every modders cup of tea ;) and i respect people's opinions who dislike anime mods, but please don't flame this thread because it's an anime mod, if you must flame us, do it for a proper reason ;)

2: Yes i do realise this is based on a franchise, and i do realise FUNiMation (DBZ owners) could shut us down if they so wish to. So just to clear things up, i have been in contact with them, and at this moment in time, they don't care because we don't conflict with anything they are doing.

3: Some modders perfer to know the amount of people you have on the team, so they aren't just joining a n00b mod, so i'll list em under this point.

Coders: 4 (incudes 2 part timers)
Sound Artists: 3
Character Modelers: 4
Prop Modelers: 1
Skinner/Texturers: 2
Mappers: 2

That 13 ppl in total, since a few do multiple jobs. Some area's ma seem like over kill to a few people, having that many people in those areas, but we are a single player rpg game, meaning we require more people for smoother progress.

Ok, here's the recruitment post i've been posting places

Must have an understanding on how to map and optomise maps for Half-Life 2 in Hammer.

You will be required to create all types of maps, but mainly terrain/outdoor based environments, with some city/town work. You should be able to show an ability for this in any application you make, though technical skill is always prefered. Knowing how to use the displacement tools in Hammer is a requirement, because without it, you won't be of much use to us.

Though we obviously prefer advanced and experienced mappers, we will also consider beginner mappers (must know the basics of mapping) who show potiential in mapping, and we will help you improve your skills where possible, but none of the mapping staff will be able to tutor you in mapping, 1-on-1, so you'll be required to learn on your own most of the time.

Having experience in mapping Draonball Z environments is a huge plus on your application (but not required), so if you have this type of work to show, please be sure to show it in your application. A healthy interest in the Dragonball Z universe is also required for applicantsif you don't have a passion for the source material, there's no real point you joining us.

To apply, please apply with examples on our website/forum at...
http://www.dragonballsource.com

Alternatively, contact me by email or MSN at...
caprickorn @ hotmail.co.uk

Beginner mappers are welcome to apply, but you must have a basic understanding of Hammer, and not be a complete newbie to mapping. A beginner we can help teach and give pointers to improve your skills, a newbie thou will need constant 1-on-1 teachings, which we don't have time for.

Obviously we'd prefer the best of the best, but we do have 2 pro mappers atm, so we're flexible on the mappers skill level. So if you are interested, use the above contact details, reply here, or PM me to sort stuff out.

Thanks for reading

Looking forward to a release, keep it up!

Back