Defeating the Combine: There's literally an app for that.

JossiRossi

Platinum Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Half-Life 2's relative simplicity and versatility has encouraged many hardware and interface developers to make it one of the first stops for testing out their work. Milan Toth has recently demonstrated his iPhone application Remotion to raise some hell in City 17.

Using it seems simple and intuitive. If you have an iPhone, this app is only 99 cents so if you give it a go let us know how it feels.

All I need now is an iPhone, Big Screen mode, and way to strap my phone to a Nerf gun.

It's just... Ahh, why not use a controller?? Seems kind of gimmicky. I wouldn't pay 99 cents for that, personally.

It seems gimmicky for one plain and simple reason.

Its another stupid motion control gimmick.

Seems impressive enough to me. It may be gimmicky, but I like the way he's done it using existing (and near-ubiquitous) hardware.

I'm definitely more impressed with that link of smash's, though.

I rather hate the title of this news post.

Give me a break on the title, I was at Easter dinner with my family =[

Also, to the rest, we're not there yet, but eventually things stop being a gimmick. The mouse was a gimmick when it first came out too. At some point it will be a solid and natural method of input and will just be. I can say at least for myself that a weighted gun that housed motion controls and some buttons on the side would be a hell of a fun way to play almost any solid shooter. While I dislike the general trend to simplify shooters too much, these kinds of inputs have become rather ideal if executed correctly.

Back