Dota 2 "New Bloom 2015" Update - Part 4

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday's announcement of the New Bloom 2015 seemed like all of Valve's cards were now on the table, but it would appear that wasn't quite the case. As the Part 4 page shows, the previously mysterious "Year Beast Brawl Event" will see teams face off against one another with the help from their very own red or blue Year Beast, which will "charge down the lands toward the opposing team" at 5 minute intervals.

YearBeasts.PNG

For 10 minute periods a few times a day, players will be able to search for a Year Beast Brawl match, which will function like a regular non-ranked All-Pick game, only with the appearance of the aforementioned big, formidable beasts. By accumulating and spending "Ability Points", each team's Year Beast can be upgraded in three categories, including support, combat, and speed. As the game progresses and the 10 and 20 minute marks pass, more powerful new abilities can be acquired, such as "Resurrection Aura", "Greater Hex", "Stampede", and more.

Those who win a Year Beast Brawl will be awarded a guaranteed item set and a commemorative trophy to track their wins. The more times a player wins the brawl, the greater their rewards will become, including a Ancient Rhythms Loading Screen, a Redhorn Courier, a Jadehorn Courier, and a Goldhorn Courier for winning upwards of 10 Year Beast Brawls and accumulating a total of 8,000 ability points.

The New Bloom 2015 update is now live on the main Dota 2 client, so be sure to brush up on all the previous parts of the update before you dive in. The first Year Beast Brawl is set to kick off sometime tomorrow, giving you plenty of time to get to grips with newcomer Winter Wyvern before the Year Beasts arrive. The Year Beast Brawl Event officially comes to a close on March 2nd 2015, so get to it!

I hope this is the last update, because the front page is getting a little crowded with all this Dota 2 stuff.

I assume this is probably the last major update before the engine upgrade. I hope they can line up that release with GDC.

I'd hate to say I told you so Nick, but I'd be lying if I said I was actually expecting a Part 4. :p

I assume this is probably the last major update before the engine upgrade. I hope they can line up that release with GDC.
It would make the most sense, I imagine if we do hear about Source 2 at GDC the engine update will follow soon after.

I like the concept of this gamemode because it seems very attainable for everyone to "win" or to "do well." Being matched up against a few other plays in a year beast brawl to win a few sets makes more sense than trying to score the above or higher in the 10% of the highest score for that day. I'm really looking forward to see how this event plays out.

And if you only pay 35 bucks, you can almost guarantee your win! Huzzah!

Back