Username : G_m
Pass : *************
Encryption : 990 Bit
Excerpt from Data Core Cluster :
Encrypting ...... ...... ...... 100%

G_M%$# data core :
Page 7774/10000

Preparation :
I picked up and inspected the sample from hangar 559 at the Black Mesa incoming materials department. The sample passed the hazardous inspection and was directed to the Anomalous materials gate. It passed through safely. Noone noticed anything. I de-li-verrred the sammmple to the anomalous materials department of the Black Mesa facility.The security was not expected to notice , but the highly rated team of scientists had no excuse. I replaced the original sample which was ordered , or rather , manufactured (in a breach of at least a dozen Black Mesa regulations) with an even more potent one which i have been polishing. I was faced with stern opposition from Dr. Kleiner about the procedure that was to follllowwww. The nosy doctorrrr wished to keep the intensity of the resonance at safe levels , something which, would have avoided the high energy beams needed to create the casssssscade. A fresh new employee who just graduated recently from a prestigious university is eager to be a part of his first great experiment. I should not keep him waiting , if it wasn’t for the fact that he kept me waiting . The good doctor was late. Thirty minutessssss .....

Day one of the Cascade.

After the predictability of the operation and it's effect , the rift was complete and creatures from Zen began invading this rather peaceful looking territory. Splendid. I am awaiting the involvement of the military forces of the earth government which should , according to plan , lead to the investigation and closing of the portal as a global attempt to restore the peace and prosperity of the original status quo. After finding that it would be impossible until the Nihilant is dead , the Earth would summon all of it’s force to annihilate that fetus! If only we were not forbidden to harm him ....the holy Nihilant ,we must not disturb or harm the holy fetus. Goddddd forbiddddd the holy fetus experienced an accident of some sssssort ....

Excerpt 445522 :

What , ah, look at this , unforseen consequences. Unforeseen indeed. My hopes were ill advised. The government of this place is trying to cover up the Black Mesa incident instead of attempting to figure out the problem . Instead of closing the portal. In typical human style, they prefer to run from their own shame and guilt rather than face the fate of their own , well funded , program. Did i not learn to never rely on humans? I cannot fail once again! I can't afford to fail in such a manner.My legacy will be forever lost in the dust of space. I need to look closer. I need to find someone or something .... wait a minute.

File reading error. Please contact the facility's administrator.

Login :
Pass :********

Initializing ......
Extracting .....
Open File .... page 779-880

Who is that ? There is a man in an orange hazard suit swinging a crowbar. What an odd choice of a weaponnnn ... hm . He seems to be the only one here who is actually trying to survive. Everyone else is just running , hiding , fruitlessly. And they are dying. They all dieeeeee. I do not enjoy the sights of these people dying for i am no sadist. But all species must earn their survival. Ah , the human survival instinct making a rare appereance. Gordon Freeman? The fresh graduate? I did not think that you would be more useful past your initial appraisal , which was to simply cause the cassss-cade. It seems that you are intending to undo what you have done, falsely assssuming responsibility for what occurred. That is excusable for you are not aware of the truth. You will have to pay a price for your survival. If i protect him from certain harms and aid him periodically , i might have found my golden horse. In the meantime , Black Mesa must be indeed forgotten in every sense . I need an able aide who has access to the facility. He would have to be from the military forces that was sent to Black Mesa. A man by the name of Adrian W. Shephard was recommended to me by a fellow ... agent. He may do , even though he may bear novice assumptions in his mind. Considering a lack of a better trained man to clean up the mess and infliltrate the complex, i will use him. However ,he may cross paths with Freeman.
I must make certain that the latter is not in any danger from the former so i need to keep a close eye on him. Must keep a close eye ...

Exceprt 44444 :
Data error: reading core data is prohibited ....
Access denied , error 404004 , please contact your service administrator
Extracting ...........
data packet error .... 929 , please report to your supervisor
Data packet core integrity cache - 9%
Initiating sequence .......... initiating ....... initializing ......
unpacking ......... redirecting ........
Username : G_F
Pass : *****

Log 5 :
With Black Mesa in rubble , the good doctor has nowhere to return to now. I have never found nuclear based weaponry to my tastessssss , but they do the job. Gordon Freeman. Hmm .. No family , no children. He is presumed dead. Only a few know better , but they are few indeed.
It seems that Freeman has found his way to the Lambda Core and has successssfully telleporteeeedddd , himself ... hm ... to Zen. What unforseen benefitsssssss .....

Week four :
My idea has triumphed in the hands of Gordon Freeman !
He killed the Gonarch as an added bonus and then triumphantly ,the Nihilant , who predictably tried to reveal truth about things he doesn't understand. Giant fetus baby ! The Nihilant is dead! The Nihilant is dead , are you dead now you rotten , baby head?
Ah , Zen is in our control , thanks to Mr. Freeman. Quite a nasty piece of work he managed there. Now that Zen is ours i am finally ..... i can't say it .... i hate to say it .... appreciated ..... by my employers ... who care for nothing but a program to succeed . They mind nothing of the work and effort that is put in such an endeavor. For so many years have they breathed down my neck .... freedom , through the Free man , through the one free man. Give me freedom , Freeman ...
I cannot let him choose his fate , he is far too important to me. And to think he was just the man who happened to be assigned to push in that cart ....

Codex directory / G-Man documentation / main codex/ journal / classified folder x / G_man

Excerpt 9909 :

It has been a busy couple of decadesssss , but for all shapes and purposes , once control is established , it is not to be lossssssst. Not from my able handssssssss.

Excerrt 9910 :
I sssspoke too sssssoooooooon ....

Excerpt 1010030 :

The Combine , our eternal enemy has acted. They have acted quickly. They have enslaved Zen and invaded the Earth atthe same time. In the meantime , cutting short our use of the freshly conquered borderworld. The way they wrestled it out of our control speaks to the ineptness of my employers. I would have NEVER let go like this !!!!
Those primitive life forms served as excuses , just that , excuses , for the dominant powerful force from the invaded world to direct their attention to the portal gate keepers. Nihilant was the last great one , if a giant baby head could ever be great , the one who resisted us for far too long but who did not prepare for unforeseen consequences ...hm ...

Unfortunately , Wallace Breen , that opportunistic pseudo ex administrator slash foolish megalomaniac dictator wanna-be , has made a deal with the Combine . What a coward. SSSSELLOOOUUTTT !!!!! The Combine induced and Breen executed suppression of the human reproduction is intensely distasteful even to a rather passionate opponent of passionate reasoning , such as myself. By negotiating this so called peace , Breen essentially became the practical ruler of Earth , a position i was never truly interested in. Even with Breen at the helm , the situation was still under control. The last straw was drawn when the Combine attacked and invaded Zen , successfully wrestling it from our control. They would have done this only if they were preparing another invasionnnnn ..... One may wonder why is Zen a territory so disputed and why are its natives , as primitive as they are , so valuable?

They are uncontrollable killing machines without feelings , passion nor judgement of right and wrong and as such are incredibly potent territory control units. I suppose that if a building is infested with those head crabbbsssss .... that aim for your head , a member of the resissstance is much less likely to invessstigate inside , although i prefere more subtle methods of detterence. The Zen occupants were primarily useless to us and to the Combine as long as the Nihilanth was keeping the gates closed to invaders. He enslaved them , i suppose , but creatures without soul cannot know what freedom or slaveship means. After the Resonance Cassssscade , the Nihilant kept the portal open with his presence and that was his mistake , born out of greed for new territory.

After my protege destroyed that parasite fetus , the Zen creatures were left without a master. We thought we were secure in our control but we were unpleasantly suprised when the Combine showed up and unceremoniously took over. Now they use the Zen creatures as bait. It must be noted that one single exception was made and that probably was not due to their good heartsssss. The Vortigaunts. They are not to be enslaved by anyone, their powers are too influential and while they were under the control of that fetus , they were weapons. Now they are free , free thinking creatures with evaluative faculties that apparently show them that the human side in this conflict is the right side to aid . I must be careful with them. Thankfully , the Combine’s influence and power are mainly sourced from the Earth and more specifically, Breen’s regime. If the citadel falls , Breen will too and so will the Combine on earth. I think it's time to wake up my sleeping beauty.

Rise and shine Mr. Freeman , rise and shine. Not that i wish to imply that you've been sleeping on the job ...

I have placed Dr. Freeman on a train to City 17 and i will wait until ... wait .. when did that happen? Time? It is really that time again ? I just inserted him ... ah , what a fast worker . He's really done a great deal in such a small time sssspannn. Even with all my highly esteemed appraisal and countless superlatives to his address , i still have underestimated the good doctor. Well , the situation seems to be improving. Breen is on the run from the Devil in Hell ... hmm ... if i may borrow .... nevermind. What is of any importance is the fate of The Citadel. Devastated. Beyond. Repair. It seems that Advisorssss have been let loose. Hmmmm ..... This whole thing is quite an advertisement for his skills . I keep getting offers for his services which i wouldn't ordinarily consider , but given that the Combine must be wiped out , i may lend him to some of their other enemiessssss. In any event, I extracted him from certain death after the citadel’s core was jeopardized , yet i left that child partner of his to die. I can't risk him falling in foolish love with her and wishing to retreat from the field of battle, abandoning me and my employers. Vortigaunts not only interrupt her death , they actually take him away from me ! We'll see about that !

Login :
Pass : ***

Data core cluster : 3338 , 3339 , 3340 , 3341
Deleting ...............
Pass : **************
Deleting ............

Excerpt :
Login : 111
Pass : **********

The Combine are using the Citadel’s destruction as a transmission device ... how clever. It would be a good tactic if it wasn’t for my protege , of course . Hmmm ... The core explosion is wisely delayed. Predictably , as anticipated by myself and my employers (only because i reminded them) is that the Combine’s long practiced tradition to utilize their own destruction as a visual signal for reinforcements , the super portal was opened. That is rather distasteful , considering that they should have simply left. Instead , the Combine opted to fight. Very well. We’ll see about that in due time. Very soon in fact. I unleash the free man.

Excerpt :

Login : G_m
Pass : ***********

I must wait until the Vortigaunts are looking away so i can approach him. The day will come when you will be quelled .. hm. Perhaps a sentimental soul as Dr. Freeman’s , who would render aid to any troubled creature may appreciate the notion of me being responsible for Miss Vance to be alive in the first place. While that is a lie, I can't risk him turning against me because it is quite possible that Gordonnnn is the most potent force in the universe. His survival instinct that is. I must convince him at all cost that those Vortigaunts never really cared about him or her. Which is not far from the truth. Miss Vance is my only chance of contacting Eli so i suppose that her remaining alive has its benefits. I will extract a degree of life from Freeman and infuse it in her . He will not resist me , because he owes me for his own survival. Survival skills or not , without me , he would be dead! I am the reason he is still alive , I am the reason he persevered , not him. I am the reason for his existanssssssss ....

I should warn Eli for what is about to come. I must warn him that he is about to die and that his daughter will become a .... hm ... advised to act without ... judgement. That is quite the unforseen consequence. Mmmm ... Advisss-orssss ....

System failure .... data core page 7671 , data core closed
System reboot / system initiating .....
username :G_m
Pass : _

I find it particularly interesting that he does, in fact, type exactly how he speaks.

That's now how I picture him working, but it's all good.

Back