Fan Controllers

oldagerocker

Reaction score
I have 4 case fans inside my pc, now these guys are all antec and making quite abit of noise. So, i need a fan controller... My friend has one which is ideal but i have some problems outlined below and i'd really appreciate some help.

My motherboard does not sense case fans temperatures, all these slots are taken up with cpu and one side case fan. The mobo is an Abit NF7... my question is, does the Fan Controller need the fans to be connected to it, if so, how? You should have guessed already i dont know how to install it :naughty:

I took a look at it and it only has one molex connection, how do the fans connect to it? (i'd give a link to it but i can't find one).

Anyway, if anyone can explain how they work and briefly what they connect to inside, it'd be a big help... i like sleep at night and my pc is quite noisy. :)

all my case fans atm, are connected straight into the PSU through some random spare connections i found. (i got loads of empty leads :))

Generally fan controllers have 1 molex connection as it's source of power along with a number (4) of small (3 pin) fan power connectors.

You may need a 3 to 4 pin (molex) adapter although it may be included with the fan controller. The 3 pin connectors on the fan controller may look similar to the ones on the motherboard.

The fans plug directly into the fan controller through those 3pin connectors while the 1 molex connector is supplying power to all of the fans. It just adjusts how much voltage to send to the fan which controls the RPMs.

Thankyou Asus, i should be fine then, the fans came with there own converters. il get digging around in my case as soon as i get all the bits together.

Back