Favourite Heroes

Wanted Bob

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Well, after about 70 hours of gameplay and countless bot matches, I've finally settled on some heroes that I really enjoy playing.

Enchantress: Starts off somewhat slow, but is a great healer, and REALLY picks up with a scepter-buffed ultimate. Combine that with a slow, and you can start picking off enemies from afar. Just make sure to stay away from the action, though the passive helps avoid getting focused

Storm Spirit: Once you deal with any mana issues, his ultimate makes him one of the most maneuverable heroes in the game. The amount of ganks and escapes you can make as this guy is insane. Love his other abilities too, a farming spell, a semi-grapple, and a passive that gives extra damage and slow.

Broodmother: Once again, very good ultimate. Webs provide some great speed and invisibility buffs, and hatchlings help farm and push the lane.

What are your favourite heroes in this game?

Venomancer is great team support and excellent at harassing enemy carries during laning, I usually do pretty well with him.

Huskar is pretty great, especially if you can farm him some items. Harasses better than most carries.

Nature's Prophet is a fun ganker with the best map mobility in the game. Pretty good at pushing or jungling with those summons too.

Doombringer is a nice support tank and can farm pretty well with his first ability.

I guess you never played DOTA before???
There are heroes that are not implemented yet,for example mortred is pretty nasty if you let her feed...And one of my favs,abbadon is practically unstoppable with the right items, so,you have only seen half of the heroes,wait a bit for them all,you'll be amazed with the combos that can be done :D

Heh, I know there are more heroes to be added, I'm just discussing the ones that are currently in DoTA 2.

Another one I kinda like is Sand King. He has two great farming abilities in Sandstorm and his passive, while his Q lets you initiate once you have charged up your ultimate.

I'm having some pretty good times with Sven (my main right now) and Sand King. Bloodseeker is also fun, and being a carry he's pretty easy to play. I'm ****ing dogshit awful with Support heroes though, I always get up slipping into a ganking mode of play and it gets me killed pretty often. I also find it pretty difficult to last hit with ranged heroes so I don't really play those :(

I guess you never played DOTA before???
There are heroes that are not implemented yet,for example mortred is pretty nasty if you let her feed...And one of my favs,abbadon is practically unstoppable with the right items, so,you have only seen half of the heroes,wait a bit for them all,you'll be amazed with the combos that can be done :D

My favourites not yet in the game are Techies, porcupine dude and Troll Warlord. The vast majority from when I played regularly (06-08) are in game already though.

Is getting into the Dota2 beta random pick or is there a place to sign up?

*edit* well i'm an idiot and found out where to sign up. Hopefully i'll be able to test it out and give my thoughts on the champs too.

I just got notified that I have 2 more copies to give away to the highest bidder!

Back