Gaming TV advice

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new TV for my vidya and would like some advice. What is the best for gaming? LED? Plasma? LCD? Probably gonna get a 30 something inch once.

I'm not very into the TV scene, but I think there's probably not a whole lot of room to go wrong here. I mean, unless you buy a real shitty one that costs like $200 new. Most TVs nowadays have refresh rates that are fine for gaming, and really thats the only thing that has any impact on it's "gaming suitability." All the cool kids are getting LED tvs though because they're so thin that it makes your dick look big by comparison.

I'm not very into the TV scene, but I think there's probably not a whole lot of room to go wrong here. I mean, unless you buy a real shitty one that costs like $200 new. Most TVs nowadays have refresh rates that are fine for gaming, and really thats the only thing that has any impact on it's "gaming suitability." All the cool kids are getting LED tvs though because they're so thin that it makes your dick look big by comparison.
Yeah, I just want one that has good life, I need it to last more than a year or 2.

Just dont get a crappy no-name brand then. Samsung always makes good quality stuff.

My brother has a 50" Panasonic plasma, which seems pretty shitty at doing stuff with the computer. I don't know if it's about the refresh rate or plasma or resolution or what, but it looks awful.

Last month I picked up a 42" Vizio LED, which is amazing at running from the computer. I'd check out buying from TigerDirect, that's where I got mine and it was a steal.

I got a 42" LG 3D telly for my birthday off the wife a few months back. Still not got round to trying it out with my computer, but it is high on my list of things to do when I have spare time this summer.... Its a great quality tv, crystal clear, stunning picture. Can't wait to get it hooked up. Try out the 'force-3D' option on some games and see what happens :D

I saw on gizmodo yesterday a article about a 39" 4k TV.If I had the money I'd get that.

I wish I wasn't so spoiled by my 61". At least at the distance I view it, it would it unimaginable to downgrade in size. It's a fairly old 4:3 HDTV with no HDMI (component and composite only). It's perfect for full screen stuff and even 1.33:1 (the annoying stuff is 2.4:1 movies which gets ridiculous sized black bars on top and bottom). The problem is with the PS3 I got, which behaves similarly to the 2.4:1 movies. The TV "supports" up to 1080i but it's stupid playing with those black bars, and there's no way around it for a 4:3 TV it would appear since all PS3 games play in that wide format no matter the selected resolution. So to keep my preferred height and go widescreen, a new TV would have to be something like 75"+ widescreen. They look to go around $4000 and I don't think my folks would have a problem with it but the 61" is still working. Guess it's a matter of time.

That's an... interesting way to quit.
I'm looking to buy a new TV for my vidya and would like some advice. What is the best for gaming? LED? Plasma? LCD? Probably gonna get a 30 something inch once.
LED LCD for sure. Make sure you get one that supports full 60Hz 1080p as some only support 1080i, and ideally one that also has a "game mode" with zero image processing (which introduces signal delay to the video).

I haven't heard much talk about prices. To me it's kind of astounding a 75" Samsung LED with 120Hz is only $4000 on amazon. That old HDTV I have probably cost more. Is all of the price gouging on 3DTVs now?

Back