Getting to meet GLaDOS ('s voice actor) in person in Chicago this July

mollyblue

Headcrab
Reaction score
So, I get to meet GLaDOS's voice actor/actress Ellen McLain for the second time at Anime Midwest.

The first time she came, she actually went to the formal dance and danced with half the people there. It was beautiful! And she performed both songs with her husband.

Who else is going or has seen her elsewhere?

Anime Midwest
July 5-7, 2013
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Chicago, IL

Now to see if I can convince them to get Chell's voice actor. (You read that right, hahahaha).

I don't think anyone here goes to any kind of anime conventions.

My sister might go to that one though, since it's pretty close. She went to one in Chicago before, it may have been that one.

Did you get to chat with her or just see her?

I don't think anyone here goes to any kind of anime conventions.

I would go to one, but most of them are so damn far away from here. Closest one to me is Anime North in Toronto, even then I tend to be busy when it's on.

Now to see if I can convince them to get Chell's voice actor. (You read that right, hahahaha).

I heard the voice actor for Chell also helped out with Gordon Freeman, would love to meet them in person.

Did you get to chat with her or just see her?

Well, as I said "she actually went to the formal dance and danced with half the people there."

So yeah, everyone actually had a ton of time to chat with her. She was really cool and really sweet, and so is her husband. Probably the nicest famous person I've ever met. And they did a Portal sing-a-long... which I missed X_X The videos looked awesome though.

Last Con I went to was DragonCon, and I spent way too much money.
Then again, I'll be on a 96 that weekend. What does Chicago do for the 4th of July?

Last Con I went to was DragonCon, and I spent way too much money.
Then again, I'll be on a 96 that weekend. What does Chicago do for the 4th of July?
Same thing as any other big city... Fireworks... drinking... >_>

Drinking fireworks, eh? Sounds like a party.

Back