Giant Bomb's Ryan Davis Dies Aged 34

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/ryan-davis-1979-2013/1100-4685/

ryandavis530.jpg

...really weird how close you can feel to someone who you've never even met. Rest in peace, Ryan - your career was about a lot more than games. I'll always remember your humor, warmth and wonderfully snarky life commentary.

Actually, mods, would you mind adding [Giant Bomb's Ryan Davis] to the thread title. I was too vague.

Didn't know him but he looks like a generally likeable guy. 34 is pretty young. What did he die from?

Public doesn't know yet. Given his weight, probably some kind of heart failure or stroke :\... but he was only 34.

I don't recognize him by name, but if he's been in some of their videos then I'm sure I've watched some he's been in. Sad to hear.

I liked his videos. Sad news.

This sucks. He was always great in the quick looks, either because of his enthusiastic laughter when shit would go right or the way he just shut down when a game was terrible.

RIP. He's shaking babies in heaven now.

1XVBrbv.jpg

I have no idea who he was, but it's pretty terrible that he had gotten married just a while ago.

I discovered Giant Bomb pretty late on, probably some time in 2011. I didn't form a special attachment or get super involved in the community, but I there's a uniqueness to what they do and Ryan was a massive part of it. It was shocking to read he'd died considering he's such a constant presence for anyone who ever visits GB. He was like the gel that held much of their vid and podcast content together. Very sad stuff, especially considering the timing with his marriage.

GB may struggle to bounce back, considering they've lost a couple of other contributors to family and relocation concerns very recently.

Also, as evidence that Fate is a total arsehole who doesn't like to be tempted, Ryan tweeted this on the day he died :cry:

Sad news indeed. Used to watch the Quick-Looks all the time, and loved listening to Ryan's antics. He will be missed.

Back