GTA IV Confirmed for...

joule

Tank
Reaction score
PC ;D

dsc00560.jpg

An inevitable delight.

Well I never! Am I getting ahead of my self for hoping for simultaneous retail and Steam releases!?

Wow what the ****, I thought it was going to be confirmed for the PS2! You got my hopes up for nothing. :frown:

YAY!​

Wow what the ****, I thought it was going to be confirmed for the PS2! You got my hopes up for nothing. :frown:
It would look like shite on the PS2. The visuals and physics are 80% of what makes GTA IV so great. If you take that away and just use the old PS2/Xbox GTA engine, plus the old physics system, I would've thought GTA IV sucked tbh. It would then just be, "Liberty City Stories 2".

I know your just kidding though.

Saturos; Master of the obvious

and dragons.

Cant say im all too excited about this news. I knew it was coming so this is just a "yeah.... so?" kind of revelation.

Good news for those without consoles. I imagine you'll need a pretty beefy PC to truely enjoy it though.

Well I never! Am I getting ahead of my self for hoping for simultaneous retail and Steam releases!?
Take Two don't release games over Steam, do they? Unless it's just Rockstar. I looked for GTA 3/VC/SA on there when I was hyping myself up for IV. :p

They are just speculating about the release of GTA 4 on the PC. They have no info just like the rest of us. So don't take this as a confirmation.

They are just speculating about the release of GTA 4 on the PC. They have no info just like the rest of us. So don't take this as a confirmation.

Did you read up on it? Because it doesn't sound like speculation from the words on the cover - 'Soon on PC' with a lack of a question mark. Certainly misleading.

Ah well, most of us expect it on PC eventually.

Eeeeih, thought this thread might have some kind of ETA. I guess it's still good news, notwithstanding the fact that it was very predictable news.

I don't think they'd put a speculation on the cover.

From what i have seen from people who have a copy, it has absolutely no info about a release of GTA 4 for PC. On a brighter note the ERSB had GTA 4 PC as well as Bully for the PC, unfortunately they took it down after an hour.

Take Two don't release games over Steam, do they? Unless it's just Rockstar. I looked for GTA 3/VC/SA on there when I was hyping myself up for IV. :p

Bioshock is a Take 2 game, and I'm sure that was out at the same time. It's not unlikely that it will be available via Steam, given how well GTA3 etc sold through it. Personally I'll probably spring for the retail version though, simply for the maps, and manual etc. R* have good design production values generally.

Anyhows I'd say an official comment won't happen until after R* deliver on the 360 Exclusive content pack.

It's inevitable it'll be released on the PC, all of the GTA games (exception of the 'stories) have pretty much appeared on this platform. Being that the game is already multi-platform and one of highest grossing games of all time, I can't imagine they would skimp out on an extra source of revenue by porting it to the PC.

Finallyyyyy.

They're usually pretty good with their ports. Here's hoping the controls are the same as the previous game with the rotateable mouse-cam like in SA. Vice City is unplayable without it.

*Laughs at freakyflor* Yeah enjoy GTA 4 lagging and freezing with terrible framerates all the time.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC this November, bringing all of the rich, immersive narrative experience found in the console versions, along with newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC debuts on November 18th in North America and on November 21st in Europe. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details.

From the official site.
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=news&story=story40

Woop woop.

All of the other GTA games are on Steam. Hopefully IV will be and I'll buy it immediately :D

But the GTA games have such great boxes! There's always the map and my PC SA came with a huge tourist's guide!

I Am definitely trading my 360 copy towards the PC version. As much as i like Steam, i'd rather have a boxed version of this game.

Recommend system requirements have been released.

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS:

Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
RAM: 2GB
Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54727

whoa whoa whoa whoa.....18 GB free space AND must have a blu-ray drive in ur computer?

Too bad I won't be able to play. No video card anymore. <sobs softly>

Back