Guest passes now for Counter-Strike: Source

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
Steam is getting better. You can now send Counter-Strike: Source guest passes to people. Great for me.

What exactly do the guest passes allow you to do?

this has been out fora bout 3 months now....i just never use them.

Wrong. Guest passes for DoD:S have been out for about 3 months. Guess what? Steam only released it for CS:S today.

This is great timing. I'm going to a LAN this next weekend. Should come in handy.

Wow! Now I can use cheats and get away with it!
Brick looks like our CSS frag movie will be done quicker than expected :E

This is great timing. I'm going to a LAN this next weekend. Should come in handy.

if you use the same account on lan and only play on lan it will not say 'steam ticket expired' ive done it before.

Care to give me one? My Steam pre-loaded CSS during one of it's "let's make this poor user happy by filling it's hard drive with games it doesn't have"-attacks.

About the hacker concern, it's real. The hackers are insane today. I pretty much have to be in spectators 24/7 with CSS minimized and pop it open once in a while to ban the hackers.

Hacker concern? Explain.
Someone can give themselves a guest pass and join a CSS game with a blank account and cheats on, and just go for it. Since it's a blank account it can't be steam banned. Especially with delayed bans of over 3 days. by the time their pass expires they won't be banned.

Back