Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturos

Reaction score
How many people here realize how pointless gun control is? I mean really, the the term outlaw means outside the law. Outlaws are already breaking the law. What makes people think that they are suddenly going to say, "Gee, we can't own any guns anymore? I guess we are out of luck." They will still have their guns. Meanwhile, the poor honest man is at the mercy of corrupt state officials, unable to defend their families from other gun wielding maniacs.D'oh! When the U.S. Constitution was written, the founding fathers wanted the people to be at equal power to the armies, meaning equal firepower, just in case the current establishment was to fall out of line to the constitution, the people can set them straight. Yes, the U.S. is a passive dictatorship and officials secretly want total control. That's the only reason why there's such a thing as illegal arms. That was the only reason for the incident at Wako Texas.Oh, and Janet Reno is gay. Let the hate posts commence.

How many people here realize how pointless gun control is? I mean really, the the term outlaw means outside the law. Outlaws are already breaking the law. What makes people think that they are suddenly going to say, "Gee, we can't own any guns anymore? I guess we are out of luck." They will still have their guns. Meanwhile, the poor honest man is at the mercy of corrupt state officials, unable to defend their families from other gun wielding maniacs.D'oh! When the U.S. Constitution was written, the founding fathers wanted the people to be at equal power to the armies, meaning equal firepower, just in case the current establishment was to fall out of line to the constitution, the people can set them straight. Yes, the U.S. is a passive dictatorship and officials secretly want total control. That's the only reason why there's such a thing as illegal arms. That was the only reason for the incident at Wako Texas.Oh, and Janet Reno is gay. Let the hate posts commence.

why is that almost to a man, christian fundamentalist = pro gun ...you'd think religion and something made solely to kill would be at odds with each other

oh and "we need gunz to overthrow the liebral government" is just a pipe dream meant to placate people into supporting an industry that conducts it's business irregardless of the obvious dangers of america's gun saturation ...you would be denounced as terrorists and brutally crushed within days, you wouldnt stand a chance

How many people here realize how pointless gun control is? I mean really, the the term outlaw means outside the law. Outlaws are already breaking the law. What makes people think that they are suddenly going to say, "Gee, we can't own any guns anymore? I guess we are out of luck." They will still have their guns.

They will find guns harder to aquire and 100years from now there will be very few guns.
Meanwhile, the poor honest man is at the mercy of corrupt state officials, unable to defend their families from other gun wielding maniacs.
Yes, becuase Americans regually have to use their guns to defend themselves from the taxman.

D'oh! When the U.S. Constitution was written, the founding fathers wanted the people to be at equal power to the armies, meaning equal firepower, just in case the current establishment was to fall out of line to the constitution, the people can set them straight. Yes, the U.S. is a passive dictatorship and officials secretly want total control. That's the only reason why there's such a thing as illegal arms. That was the only reason for the incident at Wako Texas.Oh, and Janet Reno is gay. Let the hate posts commence.

Oh right, thanks prisonplanet. You don't know what a dictatorship even is. How can you say you live under one when you can say what you want and live a life free of fear. When in places like North Korea people are sent to concentration camps because of crimes their grandparents did you ignorant sheltered idiot.

oh and "we need gunz to overthrow the liebral government" is just a pipe dream meant to placate people into supporting an industry that conducts it's business irregardless of the obvious dangers of america's gun saturation ...you would be denounced as terrorists and brutally crushed within days, you wouldnt stand a chance

Because revolutions never succeed.

why is that almost to a man, christian fundamentalist = pro gun ...you'd think religion and something made solely to kill would be at odds with each other

Yeah, but what if someone broke into your house with the intent to kill you and your family? If you try to just knock him out or something, or just shoot him in the foot and he escapes, he'll sue you for everything your worth. Plus, what if said criminal succeeded in killing one of your loved ones and he escaped? Regardless if you succeeded in court against him, you will still have lost. A good percent of armed muggers already have a rap sheet a mile long, they really don't care anymore.

Yeah, but what if someone broke into your house with the intent to kill you and your family? If you try to just knock him out or something, or just shoot him in the foot and he escapes, he'll sue you for everything your worth. Plus, what if said criminal succeeded in killing one of your loved ones and he escaped? Regardless if you succeeded in court against him, you will still have lost. A good percent of armed muggers already have a rap sheet a mile long, they really don't care anymore.
Yes because that has happened.

In America, burgulars have broken into peoples houses, been shot and then the burgular has sued the home owner.
This is not a joke, I 100% this has actually happened, every day in every house. In fact, my Uncle lives in America and he told me it's a local craze to go into peoples houses, get shot in the foot and then sue them.

It's political correctness gone MAD!

Yeah, but what if someone broke into your house with the intent to kill you and your family?

you are more likely to be killed by someone you know than a complete stranger ..those kind of incidents are rare in comparison .and anyways are you going to have your gun under your pillow? that's not safe, especially if you have kids ..so now you're the danger to your family

If you try to just knock him out or something, or just shoot him in the foot and he escapes, he'll sue you for everything your worth.

yes because somehow paper money is worth more than life ..how is it that you're a christian again? from what I see you're a christian in name only

Plus, what if said criminal succeeded in killing one of your loved ones and he escaped? Regardless if you succeeded in court against him, you will still have lost. A good percent of armed muggers already have a rap sheet a mile long, they really don't care anymore.

look your opinion is formulated exclusively on "what if" scenarios ...what if I aliens came down to earth and you need to defend yourself? ...how is that in any way meaningful to the discussion of gun control? I can see that being justifiable if it was an everyday occurance that happened to everyone reguraily which it doesnt ..I mean if you're going to use the "what if" scenrios to justify gun ownership one could rightfully justify it's ban based solely on the amount of accidental deaths/innocent deaths ..none of those are "what if" scenarios

in any event your entire justification doesnt hold up to even the most casual of scrutiny

They will find guns harder to aquire and 100years from now there will be very few guns.

Yes, becuase Americans regually have to use their guns to defend themselves from the taxman.

Oh right, thanks prisonplanet. You don't know what a dictatorship even is. How can you say you live under one when you can say what you want and live a life free of fear. When in places like North Korea people are sent to concentration camps because of crimes their grandparents did you ignorant sheltered idiot.
That's just the point. we live in a illusion. It's a free country alright, and yes America is still a great country. But it's just a smokescreen.The real world is indeed ugly.I'm hardly sheltered. I've seen starving people. Kim Jong Ill and Saddam Hussein are evil men,they murdered thousands and used fear tactics. They were sloppy. Buy indirectly controlling the electoral colleges via the system of checks and balances, and the Judicial System, the legislation, and the administration, one would think we live in a Democracy. When U.S. Citizens vote for president, they vote for the corresponding Senator that represents the State. But who determines who's fit to represent each state in the first place? They don't want some illiterate in office. The direct democracy was tried in the U.S. already, between 1776 and the war of 1812. It didn't work. D,oh!

is that in english? I recognise the words but none of it makes sense ...what the hell are collateral colleges?

It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. [opens hand, unveiling blue pill] You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: All I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.
See what I did thar

is that in english? I recognise the words but none of it makes sense ...what the hell are collateral colleges?
oopsie daisy, I meant electoral college. This is what happens when I stay up too late writing reports. Sorry for the misunderstanding.:dozey:

I wonder, who are 'they' that such nuts always refer to.

The reptilian overlords?

I'll probably by a gun, but only to feel more manly since I'm petty.

See what I did thar
Hey, I don't do drugs!(the red pill) The thought of the universe being a computer program is disturbing and fascinating at the same time, yet highly improbable.:rolling: Oh, I am not an idiot either. Everyone's a critic.

Lol you're 14 aren't you.

I used to make ridiculous 911 conspiracy prison planet threads here when I was 14.

Hey, I don't do drugs!(the red pill) The thought of the universe being a computer program is disturbing and fascinating at the same time, yet highly improbable.:rolling:

yet somehow some guy in a robe and white beard created the universe in 6 days is somehow more probable? right ... :dozey:

Oh, I am not an idiot either. Everyone's a critic.

you may not be an idiot, but you play one on the internets ..seriously some of the things you say are completely ridiculous

The French Revolution didn't succeed either?

Argh...

I was being sarcastic to Captain Stern!

He implied that there's no point in trying because you'll simply get crushed before you ever even have a chance...

And I was being sarcastic by saying that sure sure, revolutions never succeed. I know they succeed, there have been thousands upon thousands of successful revolutions throughout history, for better or for worse.

Lol you're 14 aren't you.

I used to make ridiculous 911 conspiracy prison planet threads here when I was 14.
Nah, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.But one would be naive to think that the government is working fine. No institution is perfect. It is America that allows me to make such ridiculous sounding claims in the first place. Alot of other countries would probably execute me by now.But one things for certain, I do respect all men and women of uniform who have laid down their lives for our country, and the bravery they commit each and every day. They don't fight for George W. Bush, or John Kerry or any other of those dweebs in office, they fight for the constitution, the principles that this country was founded on. The Marine Corps "Semper Fidelus", what does that mean? Tell me that.

Argh...

He implied that there's no point in trying because you'll simply get crushed before you ever even have a chance...

you go out of your way to misinterpret things I say dontcha?

in this case, yes they would lose ..a rag tag army of civilians carrying guns is no match for the US military

And I was being sarcastic by saying that sure sure, revolutions never succeed. I know they succeed, there have been thousands upon thousands of successful revolutions throughout history, for better or for worse.

who cares? how do they at all relate to the topic at hand? the french countryside circa 1789 is not the same as modern day america

once again you troll without actually thinking through the situation ..Generalization logical fallacy ..I could easily have said "revolutions have failed in the past therefore all revolutions will fail"

Argh...

My bad, I retract that comment.

you go out of your way to misinterpret things I say dontcha?

No... I don't Stern. It was a sarcastic comment based on what you said. Quit reading so much into everything for ****s sake.

in this case, yes they would lose ..a rag tag army of civilians carrying guns is no match for the US military

Read Above.

who cares? how do they at all relate to the topic at hand? the french countryside circa 1789 is not the same as modern day america

I'm not explaining it to you, I'm explaining it to the other guy. He's thinking I'm implying something that I'm not. Quit concerning yourself with every post I make as if it somehow applies to you personally. I say stuff like this to everybody on these forums, not just you.

once again you troll without actually thinking through the situation ..Generalization logical fallacy ..I could easily have said "revolutions have failed in the past therefore all revolutions will fail"

Jesus Christ man... why do I even bother explaining myself to you? You go on saying I turn everything into a semantics debate and here you go doing it yourself. I made one sarcastic comment, and now you're attempting to derail the thread by getting into another pointless debate with me.

I don't want to debate with you. There's nothing to debate about. There's no semantics to argue over. It was a sarcastic comment.

End of Story.

Roll Credits.

yet somehow some guy in a robe and white beard created the universe in 6 days is somehow more probable? right ... :dozey:

you may not be an idiot, but you play one on the internets ..seriously some of the things you say are completely ridiculous
The idea of a light bulb(no pun intended) or television set would have sounded completely ridiculous two or three hundred years ago. Albert Einsteins theories sounded ridiculous to other physicists too at the time.(I'm no Einstein, mind you.I know that.Don't comment on it)You've got to think outside the box. people complain to others about not being "open minded" enough yet they bitch when their "open minded" ideas don't match their "open minded" ideas. What's up with that?
Raziaar, again, I apologize.

a sarcastic comment that didnt apply to what was said in the least ..you might as well have said something like "pancake humpers" or "knickers!!!"

and no, I have no desire to sit here and listen to you nitpick my every little point to death

Saturo said:
The idea of a light bulb(no pun intended) or television set would have sounded completely ridiculous two or three hundred years ago. Albert Einsteins theories sounded ridiculous to other physicists too at the time.(I'm no Einstein, mind you.I know that.Don't comment on it)

yes but those concepts were proved by science after new information was made available to the masses ...what new information will surface that would make the entire world stand up and suddenly accept christianity? god presenting the world leaders with celestial blueprints and an Ikea instructional manual?

a sarcastic comment that didnt apply to what was said in the least ..you might as well have said something like "pancake humpers" or "knickers!!!"

and no, I have no desire to sit here and listen to you nitpick my every little point to death

yes but those concepts were proved by science after new information was made available to the masses ...what new information will surface that would make the entire world stand up and suddenly accept christianity? god presenting the world leaders with celestial blueprints and an Ikea instructional manual?
So then, we can all come to an agreement that all our questions that we fight over today will be answered in due time?

no, who will answer our questions? some bearded guy in the sky? science doesnt have all the answers ..but at least they ask all the pertinent questions unlike religion which just sweeps the difficult ones under the carpet ..bottom line is that relgion should never be discussed in the same breath as science ..they're about as dissimiliar as is possible

I'm just sick of people in general complaining all the time you know? Like CptStern's signature says, "Why can't we all get along?" We can put our differences aside and debate like civilized people but instead I always hear Wah, wah, wah. "Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?":) There are pussy male-gina's everywhere I turn these days who are stuck in a permanent menstral period. Anyone who responds negatively to this is guilty BTW. Seriously, It's gonna take an alien invasion to pull the human race together as a whole. I wish the Combine or similar alien race would attack soon.

In America, burgulars have broken into peoples houses, been shot and then the burgular has sued the home owner.
This is not a joke, I 100% this has actually happened, every day in every house. In fact, my Uncle lives in America and he told me it's a local craze to go into peoples houses, get shot in the foot and then sue them.
IDEA: Dead crooks don't sue. Aim for the head, not the foot.

Nah, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.But one would be naive to think that the government is working fine. No institution is perfect. It is America that allows me to make such ridiculous sounding claims in the first place. Alot of other countries would probably execute me by now.But one things for certain, I do respect all men and women of uniform who have laid down their lives for our country, and the bravery they commit each and every day. They don't fight for George W. Bush, or John Kerry or any other of those dweebs in office, they fight for the constitution, the principles that this country was founded on. The Marine Corps "Semper Fidelus", what does that mean? Tell me that.
Nobody's answered my question yet.

what's there to answer? the marines did not invent the saying ..it's been used for hundreds of years by various groups ..still I dont see how that is at all relevent to the topic at hand

what's there to answer? the marines did not invent the saying ..it's been used for hundreds of years by various groups ..still I dont see how that is at all relevent to the topic at hand
It's Latin, we all know that.(I hope) But what are the marines faithful to? The president? The country? What? I'll give you a hint: It's an idea.

It's Latin, we all know that.(I hope) But what are the marines faithful to? The president? The country? What? I'll give you a hint: It's an idea.
Actually,
Wikipedia said:
"Semper fidelis" (Meaning "Always faithful") signifies the dedication and loyalty that individual Marines are expected to have for "Corps and Country", even after leaving service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back