Half-Life 2 Announcement Tomorrow?

rec

Reaction score
With any luck; yes. According to the Inquirer we can expect an announcement from ATi tomorrow (Oct 24) regarding Half-Life 2.

While many are already optimistically anticipating the announcement of a release date, if Valve and Viviendi can't even agree on one, I have doubts that ATi can deliver either. Unfortunately, in reality we should be expecting nothing more than a media-orientated press release regarding the coupons bundled with their XT range of cards.

mneh, probably just going to reiterate what was done at alcatraz. kind of dissapointing. even if we did get a release date, as you said, it wouldn't mean much. but it'd be nice to have a real company step up to the plate.

valve seems to be best at neglecting the pleas of it's community.

I've honestly lost interest. I'll be pleased when it's out in stores, but for now I'm excited about Call of Duty next week. mp will take up much of my free time, that way HL2 will be a nice change of pace when it does come out.

Oh great, more worthless rehashing of news we got three weeks ago.

people complain that Valve don't stick to a couple of release dates and say they should do what id do "it'll be done when its done" and then when they basically do that, people complain about that too

They can't win

wtf would ATI have to say about a release date? i know thats not what it said but i am just really.... whatever. More reason for me to hate ATI more! stupid junk cards

Originally posted by nOOB
wtf would ATI have to say about a release date? i know thats not what it said but i am just really.... whatever. More reason for me to hate ATI more! stupid junk cards

haha stupid junk cards......what are you a fan of Nvidia? now that is a stupid junk card.

You're not tired to fighting all the days ?

ATI is good ! Nvidia is good too ! Now let's get back to the thread !

Considering The Inquirer's pathetic track record on accuracy, I don't think I'll be holding my breath here.

Uhh.. you guys DO realize that the Inquirer is a tabloid, right? It's about as reliable as the The Sun's article about "Hiliary had an affair with a space alien!"

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

"A voucher will be included with the Radeon 9800 and 9600 XT which will allow the purchaser to download the game or have it sent to them once the game becomes available"

There's yer statement.:dozey:

Originally posted by Fenric1138
people complain that Valve don't stick to a couple of release dates and say they should do what id do "it'll be done when its done" and then when they basically do that, people complain about that too

That'd 3D Realms, not Id. :cool:

Well, the day's basically done, and no announcement. Shows how much you should trust Inquirer.

Originally posted by UndeadScottsman
Uhh.. you guys DO realize that the Inquirer is a tabloid, right? It's about as reliable as the The Sun's article about "Hiliary had an affair with a space alien!"

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

that's Enquirer which is a tabloid.. it's a common misconception... very similar names.

just thought i'd let you know, no flame intended at all (just in case :) ) :cheers:

It is probably something related to ATI's HL2 bundled cards. Nvidia is releasing their 5700/5950 so they don't want only Nvidia news around that time.

Inquirer similar to The Register .
They cover current news/articles/benchmarks.
They get inside information and rumors (I have not seen anything that came out untrue reported)...They called the P4 EE before it was announced and anyone knew about it.
They write articles that tell a company what they think is best by writing what that company may do. (I think they have done this with Nvidia back when the 5800 was out or was it optimized drivers in 3kmark2k3?)
They don't limit themselves to only released information and facts.
And they do it in a humorus way with character.

Originally posted by UndeadScottsman

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

yea, and how about that one about how "suddam hussein's weapons of mass destruction are prehistoric dinosaurs!!!!"

lol
I think his statement made himself about as believable as that Enquirer tabloid he was talking about...

Asus is probably right on this one.

Valve owes ATI for letting them down with the release date. If those two companies do sympathise so much, ATI will probably have said to VALVe: Ok, then you are late by [insert 1-12 (i`d say 2-3)] months. But we do now not have enough marketing power to outsell the nVidia Cards coming next month. So give us something to at least hold position.

Therefore VALVe got quiet in order to help ATI do some damage-reduction in end October. By having real news to distract the nVidia come-up.

That would be my most optimistic theory...

No time for optimism Dr. Jones.

Besides no release date is set in stone, so I'm not gonna get worked up if they do give one out.

Of course I know that's a total lie and if they say a November/december date I'll hold my breath and jump up and down like a kid waiting for christmas. I never was good at waiting for christmas ;)

Asus, you mean The Register is often accurate? 'Cause that might be right, but the Inquirer has been wrong more times than I care to remember when it comes to Half-Life 2. They're just not credible - and they need to get new sources since their current ones are apparently feeding them misinformation. :p

It's already been pointed out, but people thinking the Inquirer is the same as the tabloid gossip rag (Enquirer) are wrong. Here's the tabloid magazine you're thinking of. http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

Originally posted by Cyphron
haha stupid junk cards......what are you a fan of Nvidia? now that is a stupid junk card.

long story short is that i have had the few ATI cards that i have owned go bad on me. The nvidia i have not. u do the mathhttp://webmail.noob-strike.net/horde/

The onion's better in print, but it costs way to much to get it sent out here. I stopped reading the website so often when they changed the format and cut out some of the things I liked.

But back to the half life 2 thing... has it happened yet. It's saturday and no news yet.

Originally posted by Wraithen
But back to the half life 2 thing... has it happened yet. It's saturday and no news yet.

I think it ended up just being news on ATI's SE card in response to nVidia doing something similar the other day or something

Back