Halflife2.net's news system script(s)

eediot

Reaction score
Does halflife2.net use a pre-made, generic script for its news-system that's intergrated into the forums? I've seen this sort of style happen a bit around, and since I'm lazy, with limited knowledge of php, I figured I could find a publically available install script or something that would let me intergrate forum posts into news posts, etc etc.

I'm just looking for information really... is it a publically available script that you got somewhere? Does it have a name? Did your webmaster make it himself?

Thanks.

Its an add on to vB...its simple really, just fetches a specific forums data from the DB and then just echos it...wouldnt be hard todo if you had a VB forum...

SELECT * FROM DBNAME.vB_threads WHERE forum_name = "Announcements"

I would continue, but Ive got to research UTM o_O

The UTM grid is of interest to anyone using a GPS receiver because most models offer UTM as a coordinate system option. UTM coordinates simply measure in meters east and north from two perpendicular reference baselines.

edit: Damnit, apparently it costs money. Screw it then :)

eediot, I think that what you need to do is make than when the news thing creates a new entry, it also does it for the forum databases in a certain forum "news". Or smt like that... it's matter of playing with Forums databases. Also, the comments, are just plain forum post, so you just query the forum database.

That's the way I think it's done, independently from add ons or paid forum systems. You can do that with many forums, but you've got to struggle a little with it :)

Back