Has merch/accessories for games gone too far?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Too far? Probably
Problem? Nah

Just like with anything else out there, don't buy to show how retarded it is. Those are absolutely atrocious!

1285398674692.gif

I dont understand those glasses at all. Is there even some sort of link to CoD on those glasses, cause I couldnt see any.

Those kind of glasses have been around for a long time. They were initially aimed at people who look at computer screens all day to mitigate eye strain and blur. They probably have some value in that department. However, this is just a pretty blatantly a way to sell a fairly expensive product with only mediocre benefit... because it has pretty much nothing to do with this game.

Honestly if I wouldn't look like a doofus I'd have some since I spend 8 hours a day in front of a computer at work and evne more at home. It would probably help just to not be wearing contacts.

I don't really think merchandising can go too far. Its consumers that can go too far buying merchandise.

They should display your health and ammo in the corner. Also your fps, CPU and GPU temperatures as well as free disk space in the other corners.

I think if I went to a LAN party and someone beside me was wearing those, I would have a massive urge to punch them in the face. I would resist the urge of course.. but it would not be easy.

Oh god. Why did you post that RJMC.

I think I just had an aneurysm.

Everything gaming does after nightvision goggles is just an encore.

lol at your reactions of the kinect boat

I wasnt surprised considering all the crap the wiimote and whit the kinect incoming things are just going to ge started

I thought this thread was about the boat in the first place. It's LOLtastic. I dont think you can go too far with game marketing really (barring abusive/racist/exploitative content).

Glasses? Too much? Are you guys kidding me?

You know they [may release] a limited edition CoD Jeep, right?
During the time Jeep CEO Mike Manley also showed off a concept pickup truck hybrid to dealers at Chrysler Group LLC’s 2010 Dealer Announcement Show in Orlando, he also showed them a special-edition Call of Duty: Black Ops themed Jeep Wrangler.

“The Wrangler will also be the “Hero” vehicle in the Call of Duty: Black Ops video game due out next month,” said a report in The Wall Street Journal said. “To celebrate, Jeep will produce a limited-edition Call of Duty Jeep.”

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/09/20/call-of-duty-black-ops-themed-jeep-wrangler-in-the-works/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...fai=Crj-lvsevTIKfCYOIyAT7kYmCCgAAAKoEBU_QALDn

you'd look like a damn stud to be wearing that while playing

I don't really like family guy but...

"A boat's a boat, but a mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!"

I don't really like family guy but...

"A boat's a boat, but a mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!"
It's okay to admit it. Everything before season 4 was great.

It's time that someone stood up and said 'i'm against that merch that everybody hates'!

Back