Help!!!!

H

helpplease

I need some help here I was medling with the resolution settings on half life 2 selected a resolution that my screen can't display and no wwhenever i start the game it's blank it 's running! but it's blank and i don't know how to cjange it back to default!!!!Please someone out ther ehelp

Help!

I don't have access to the internet :( is there any other way? i tried restarting in safe mode but i cant load the game.so i just keep trying but everytime i try i just get the blank screen saying out of range and the sounds! help help help

Well how are you posting this now?
here it anyway:
How do I set the autoconfig launch option?

The -autoconfig launch option will allow Steam to configure the game with the best settings for use on your machine.
Open Steam
Go to the "My Games" tab
Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
Select "Properties" from the menu
Click the "Set launch options..." button
Add -autoconfig at the end of the line, be sure to include a space before the "-" and anything before it.
How do I reset the video settings?

If the -autoconfig launch option does not resolve the issue, use the links below to reset the video settings to their defaults (low resolution, highest refresh rate) and launch a game:
GoldSrc-engine Games
Counter-Strike
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Opposing Force
Ricochet
Half-Life
Condition Zero
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Source-engine Games
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life 2: Episode One
SiN Episodes: Emergence
How do I force a working DirectX level and video mode?

If the game fails to load with the default settings, you will need to test for a working DirectX level and video mode.
Force a DirectX level

This process may help with some older video cards - some users report the game will run faster, as well:
Open Steam
Go to the "My Games" tab
Add one of the DirectX level launch options specified below - be sure to include a space before the "-" and anything before it.
DirectX Level Launch Options
-dxlevel 90 (DirectX v9.0)
-dxlevel 81 (DirectX v8.1)
-dxlevel 80 (DirectX v8.0)
-dxlevel 70 (DirectX v7.0)
Force a Video Mode

Follow these instructions to configure your video mode and resolution before launching a game:
Important Note

If you are forcing a refresh rate on your system (this is not recommended), you will need to ensure that you specify the forced refresh rate in the launch options.
Open Steam
Go to the "My Games" tab
Add -gl at the end of the line, be sure to include a space before the "-" and anything before it.
Specify the appropriate Video Mode and Video Option switches from the lists below
Video Mode Launch Options

Use the -w # switch (where "#" is a number from the list below) to specify the display resolution:
640 (640x480) GoldSource Only
720 (720x576)
800 (800x600)
1024 (1024x768) - This mode offers the best performance for most cards
1152 (1152x864)
1280 (1280x1024) - This mode is optimal for high-end cards
1600 (1600x1200) - This mode requires a high-end monitor and a high-performance card
Notes on Display Resolution Settings

Higher resolutions will affect the Frames Per Second which your machine can display (800x600 & up)

640x480 resolution may run slower than 800x600 resolution on newer video cards.
Supported Video Options
-d3d use the Direct3D engine GoldSource Only
-gl use the OpenGL engine GoldSource Only
-soft use the Software engine
-width # (where "#" is the width in pixels of desired video mode) sets the video mode width
-w # (see the Supported Video Modes list above)
-fullscreen or -full use Full Screen mode (default)
-startwindowed / -sw / -windowed / -window / -win use the Window display mode (game appears as a window on the desktop)

Back