Hitman 5 reveal for E3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
I hope the Kane & Lynch franchise isn't an indicator of how good it will be.:p

if it is as bad as K&L2 (which was bloody terrible no exaggeration needed there) then it would quite likely be the biggest gaming disappointment of my life (again no exaggeration, I ****ing LOOVE hitman).

Great, more games that I might have to spend money on.

^^ i've learned to start renting more personally =/

spoilered for size

img1287.jpg

Yay, had quite some fun in Blood Money (although I never finished it)

Too bad you can't rent PC games :(

Why the **** would you want that, it's like paying for a pirated game(morally/income for developers)

it's like paying for a pirated game(morally/income for developers)

*rage rising*
:flame::flame:

ok
1) Developers/publishers DO get money from rentals unlike used games as outlets such as gamefly have to pay higher premiums than gamestop to cover the fact that it will be used multiple times per copy.
2) I am sick of hearing companies whine about used games; either they're just being plain greedy or they actually do have such an impact as they say they do. IF they do then game releases should be budgeted accordingly instead of the development overheads constantly rising -_- That is the companies fault NOT the consumers!

Car manufacturers dont constantly whine about used sales they get by fine so why cant EA/THQ etc? If it really was a as bad as piracy it would be illegal, its still putting money into the games industry nevertheless.

Sorry but this topic really pisses me off

1) Developers/publishers DO get money from rentals unlike used games as outlets such as gamefly have to pay higher premiums than gamestop to cover the fact that it will be used multiple times per copy.

Do they pay for every rent?(considering a single disc can serve at least like 10 people)

2) I am sick of hearing companies whine about used games; either they're just being plain greedy or they actually do have such an impact as they say they do. IF they do then game releases should be budgeted accordingly instead of the development overheads constantly rising -_- That is the companies fault NOT the consumers!

Many people use that as an excuse for piracy. You should probably stop playing games that aren't worth your money or wait for the price to come down to a point that suits you.

Car manufacturers dont constantly whine about used sales they get by fine so why cant EA/THQ etc? If it really was a as bad as piracy it would be illegal, its still putting money into the games industry nevertheless.

Well, most of a cars' value is in the materials(and putting together), not in the developing cost. A disk only serves as a cheap($1) way of carrying game devs' work.

If you really need to pirate a game just don't pay for it, it only makes your deed worse :)

If you really need to pirate a game just don't pay for it, it only makes your deed worse :)

Wow I never thought of it that way. Think of all those movies I pirated over the years! I'm a m-m-m-m-monster. :(

Do they pay for every rent?(considering a single disc can serve at least like 10 people)

No thats a gamble the publisher has to take I guess but the cost of gamefly buying a game is much higher than gamestop buying one. This is what in theory should cover the cost of multiple users. I only say in theory as after all its all unpredicatable - just as the retail space is aswell. Publishers take gambles on all the games they release after all. A game could tank and gamestop may want to sell back their unsold copies of said game back to the publisher.

Many people use that as an excuse for piracy. You should probably stop playing games that aren't worth your money or wait for the price to come down to a point that suits you.
If you really need to pirate a game just don't pay for it, it only makes your deed worse

What? That is so bloody stupid. I dont play games that aren't worth the money to me and i don't pirate either. I pay for my rentals, that is money which goes back into the industry so it really is only a good thing at the end of the day (lovefilm gets my money, they can stay in business to keep buying games from publishers) even if its not EA's preferred method. If they want me to buy a game full price then make a damned good game. If I am paying for something then i am not pirating it. If i rent a movie Warner bros doesn't take a damned hissy fit now does it?

Well, most of a cars' value is in the materials(and putting together), not in the developing cost. A disk only serves as a cheap($1) way of carrying game devs' work.

And? Companies like EA always say systems like the online pass are to cover the costs of the increased players on servers through used sales. Which doesn't make any sense! If someone bought the game used then the original purchaser of that game paid EA in full and was effectively covering the 'burden' they put on their servers. Therefore that burden has already been paid for and there has been no increase in the amount of players only a substitution of who is playing, so the argument doesn't make any sense.

Back