HL2 use OpenGL or Direct 3D?

Actually, there isnt any Direct3D anymore (it was before all the other stuff was added)... Its just DirectX :)
HL2 uses DX9/8/7 I beleive. The 8/7 is fallbacks, DX9 is the primary mode.

Originally posted by dawdler
Actually, there isnt any Direct3D anymore (it was before all the other stuff was added)... Its just DirectX :)

DirectX is a bunch of different technologies bundled together, Direct3D is the 3d graphics portion, there is also audio and other parts as well, but yes, D3D exists.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
DirectX is a bunch of different technologies bundled together, Direct3D is the 3d graphics portion, there is also audio and other parts as well, but yes, D3D exists.
It isnt used as a name anymore. It was earlier, when Direct3D was the only usefull part of the fairly crappy DirectX package. Nowadays you can actually make something of "DirectX" :)

Originally posted by dawdler

hl2 supports directX 6 also, it just will look like crap.
http://www.planetdescent.com/lyris/hl2_mpc.html

and they still use the term direct3d, its just not herd much cause direct x is everything (audio, video, ect.) including direct3d.

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
I hope I am good with my G4 ti4200 64MB... I have a good feeling I am.

It should run great on that card.....you just wont see all the dx9 bells and whistles.

Originally posted by Javert
It uses both, though OpenGL is preferred.

it doesnt use both, its D3D ONLY. there is no preference, because there is only one choice.

i hate people who spread misinformation.

[edit]

BTW your sig is quite fitting for you.

Back