If you don't remember this then you're not a real gamer

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rk9IrR0EHPk[/YOUTUBE]

I remember every turn from that first race.

never heard of that, but come on, look at it

If you don't remember this then you're not a real gamer
Or just too young, with parents that didn't see the value in buying their children gaming systems.

My first was Super Mario World.

Never played any Sega Rally so nope, I don't remember it.

Blast, I guess I'm just an imaginary gamer after all :(

But srsly, I grew up with Sega Mega Drive (didn't really see SNES over here), then Playstation/N64, but barely even knew the Saturn existed. I think I might've played a version of this in an arcade once or twice though... but yeah, guess that doesn't qualify me out of being a heathen ^_^

I've never even heard of this game before this thread.

I sucked at that game. I never did like arcades and their money-grubbing antics >.<

God that game haunts me to this day. Every racing game I play I expect to hear, "Easy Right!"

UGH!

YOUR WINNER!

PS first game I've ever played was Burger Time...first racing game was Rad Racer

ugh... the first game I ever played was "Killer Comet" on the Vic-20. Don't ask.

YOU'RE not a real gamer just for using that game. A racing gamer, maybe.

"Easy Left!"

"Hard Right!"

Loved that game :) Only in the arcades though.

I think the first video game I played was Boulder Dash on the Commodore64.

I think my first game was either Slime or Pacman for the Atari something or other.

The earliest game I remember is some sort of dungeon-crawler type first-person RPG. It's sorta 3D but you move on a fixed grid, so if you turn left or right it'll go a full 90 degrees so you're facing straight down that way. I don't think I ever really understood how to play it... just remember lots of goblins and orcs and getting killed every 5 minutes. Also vaguely remember some kind of map system, maybe for moving around outside of the dungeon, seem to recall it being a side-scrolling 2D view of mountains or something. All very vague... would've been on a Commodore or an early PC or something, at a friend's... possibly a Mac but I doubt it.

Yeah, wrong thread, but I just remembered that and felt like typing it out :)

I played that.

Steven, aren't you 15? With the Saturn, and Sega rally coming out in 1995, and assuming the game's console and arcade shelf life to be about two years, you'd have been at most 6 years old when you played it :p

My earliest proper game was probably sonic 2 on my neighbours megadrive, but before then I remember my dad having a 386 and us playing tetris and pacman on it with those huge, floppy floppy disks. We had leisure suite larry as well, but I was too young to answer the age-verification questions so I never got to play :(

Steven, aren't you 15? With the Saturn, and Sega rally coming out in 1995, and assuming the game's console and arcade shelf life to be about two years, you'd have been at most 6 years old when you played it :p

My earliest proper game was probably sonic 2 on my neighbours megadrive, but before then I remember my dad having a 386 and us playing tetris and pacman on it with those huge, floppy floppy disks. We had leisure suite larry as well, but I was too young to answer the age-verification questions so I never got to play :(

Ahh yeah, That's my first introduction with Police Quest and Mars! Fun games...gogo 5 inch floppehs.

PS Sonic 2 was the first game I ever whored to where I memorized EVERYTHING about it...where every checkpoint was, every extra life...EVERYTHING. It's how I impressed the ladies *They were usually 5 years younger than me at the time....good thing Pedophelia doesn't kick in at age 14.*

Never heard of or played this game.

Any way, my first game was Donkey Cong Country that came with my SNES on Christmas. Oh, those were awesome times. The N64 kid would hang his head in shame if he saw the kind of scene I exploded into.

Back