p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

ouch
the red backround hurts
and i cant see much depth in this render
try fixing lights / different material than black

looks like a couple of cylinders attached to a blade, and it doesnt have much character to it. I think it would look a little better if the parts blended a little more.

pmab said:
looks like a couple of cylinders attached to a blade, and it doesnt have much character to it. I think it would look a little better if the parts blended a little more.
:rolleyes: Well it is "Work in progress" and my first model.

if you post better renders we might help you more

Yeah, that looks more like a huge ass dagger.

lol, I cant even see them/it i just get the ol' red X.

Good start, but pay closer attention to your image references.
The blade is very thin and as already said is curved. Do this last however.

This one is mine... (old render and has since been updated)

swords.jpg

I modelled using a few cylinders. The grip was made using a grid with diamond holes. The grid is then deformed by the sword handle to produce the final effect.
The curve in the blade is added last to all the objects using a bend deformer.

The sword has a path constraint to the scabarb-thingy (excuse spell.) so I can easily animate its removal.

Shaders include an ambient occulsion shader called "Dirtmap" and the new mi sub-surface scattering shader to give the effect of light shining through the very thin areas of the blade. There is also a vey small fractal bump, but this is only visible within a certain distance.

Thanks for the post softmonkey. I'm gonna try it out later this week.

nice : o

btw what is normal map used for
edit: also, im wondering how did you model the end of the blade , would it be ok to ask for a wireframe please, softmonkey?

Glo said:
nice : o

btw what is normal map used for
edit: also, im wondering how did you model the end of the blade , would it be ok to ask for a wireframe please, softmonkey?

Normal maps can be used in pixel shaders to create better surfce lighting - commonly for doing bump mapping.

When the graphics card draws an object, if you want to do smooth shading on a model then you also need the normal information (for taking a dot product with the light direction and position). When using normal maps, instead of getting that information from the mesh it looks at the texture instead. This means if you use a high resolution object to generate the normal map, the in-game model will shade exactly like it.

i think i got it
i guess theres more than just structuring the model in this wide range art.
i better get the time and really learn the all around also

can i have this skin for my css? ive been looking for a sword skin

Back