LEGO Rock Band

Reginald

Reaction score
504x_legorb.jpg

LEGO Rock Band is being developed by TT Games in a partnership with Harmonix and published by Warner Bros. Entertainment. The game is built (geddit?) around the theme: "Build a Band and Rock the Universe." The teen and tween geared game boasts some of these tunes: Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What".

Um... right.

So you get to build the look of your band, which is really the most-least important part of GH. Cool!

I never quite got the appeal with Lego games in the first place, but this... this doesn't even make any sense.

The teen and tween geared game boasts some of these tunes: Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What".
Only some of those? Damn, not much of a selection.

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Enough with the ****ing music games already.

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Enough with the ****ing music games already.

Music games are fine, I'm personally looking foward to The Beatles Rockband (which being an English band better be available in this country at the same time as the US and not leave us waiting as we currently are for Rock Band 2), it's the fact they have shoehorned lego into it when there is absolutely, gameplay wise, reason for it.

wtf is the point of this game. So ****ing stupid.

I was a little iffy on this game, but then I saw The Final Countdown and I just knew...
That it would be awesome.

LEGO Rock Band is being developed by TT Games in a partnership with Harmonix and published by Warner Bros. Entertainment. The game is built (geddit?) around the theme: "Build a Band and Rock the Universe." The teen and tween geared game boasts some of these tunes: Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What".
The teen and tween geared game boasts some of these tunes: Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What".
Blur's "Song 2", Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls" and Pink's "So What".
Good Charlotte's "Boys and Girls"
Good Charlotte

I'm sorry, what?

They obviously felt bad for neversoft and have chosen to stop kicking their ass by making a RB game that is for the first time shittier than a GH game.

Uh what is the point in doing rock band in lego? Although it does have the final countdown :|

lego_rock_band_details.jpg

The Xbox.com description of LEGO Rock Band—the Xbox 360 version, anyway—sheds a bit more light on what will separate the LEGO branded version from its forebears—with the exception of customizable LEGO brick minifigs, easier difficulty and exclusive-for-now tracks.

New to the younger-skewing version will be "LEGO-themed rock challenges" which include the option to "destroy a giant robot, summon a storm, and demolish a skyscraper using the power of rock!"
While the official release mentioned a customizable "entourage, including roadies, managers and crew," the product description also notes that LEGO Rock Band lets players build "cooler vehicles" and "buy furniture, decorate the walls and customize your band's hang-out" in your "LEGO rock den."

Sounds epic actually. Like a cross between Bill & Ted, Wayne's World, Spinal Tap and Lego.

You should have to build your own guitar. That'd be cool as ****. You could play Nirvana songs and then smash shit up afterwards, or something. Could build really weird instruments, too.

Wouldn't be much fun at parties, mind. Lego law also implies that pieces can only be put together a total of three times before becoming flimsy and unstable.

Upon further consideration, I think this is a perfectly respectable idea. Sure, there might not be a point to it (although with the new info it might actually contribute some fun new gameplay), but it doesn't hinde the game at all. It's just a visual style, and ultimately, one I prefer.

Back