Let's play L4D2

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
I thought we could have a thread where you can post in to gather some people for a game of vs or whatever. Also post some cool game storys.

I tried to play Hard rain on expert. It was imposible with those idiots I played with. We didn't even make it to the first safe house. Tank keept killing us. I tired saving the molotov or bile bomb, but god damn idiots disturbed the witch. This guy tried to kill it with an axe. Jesus christ. In the end, after like 12 tries, I quit. I did better with bots then those russian guys.

I dunno who said it early on pre-L4D2 release... but SOMEONE whom I could believe said that the axe would deliver a one hit kill on the witch. I found out the hard way it wasn't true. You can still crown them with an auto shot on expert, which is advisable on hard rain when you're in the mill and there are a dozen of them.

I've found that my most exciting stories come from versus or scavenge... situations where it seems like there's no chance of winning then a miracle happens. Like everyone's dead or incapacitated and someone saves you from a smoker with a pistol or something and they get the gas poured just in time. Or maybe the opposition is about to win but the can gets knocked out of their hands and into a pool of spitter goo causing a horrible chain reaction death resulting in a glorious win.

Someday I'm going to have to "officially" beat all of the campaigns on expert since I've only accomplished two thanks to last second deaths from the tank. Don't you love when you jump on a boat or something and a tank's rock incapacitates you so you're considered dead? He can't hit you in the helicopters, but on the boat you get skull cracked and apparently no one wants to help you up on a boat.

Heh, Yeah those finallys are brutal. On Carnival, I was last man standing, runing for the heli, and changed my mind. Wanting to save as many as possible. I went back and helped Ellis up, and he went with me and I covered him as he defibed coach. When I was helping rochelle up, who was next to coach, that basterd coach ran for the chopper, and left us all behind leaving him soul survivor. Robbing me of the achivment for completing the campaign. Shit was tough. If everyone had died, we could have tried the last level again, but he was a god damn pussy.

So... Anyone up for a game of L4D2? I was hoping of playing an expert game on Hard rain or something. Or if enough people want in it would be cool to play some vs.

What do you say?

I plan on playing the Parish for the first time tomorrow night (thursday 21st of January). It'll be sometime between 7pm and 11pm GMT.

So anyone up for a campaign (not versus or realism) on normal or advanced of the Parish tomorrow?

Then I'll have beaten every campaign.

Hey what's wrong with realism? Hard Rain on advanced realism was hilarious fun :)

Because I'd suck at it and get lost and die. I've only played through a game properly 5 times, two of those times with bots.

I actually beat the whole expert swamp fever campaign in one go with random team, including the finale. Finally got "Still something to prove" achievement.

Wouldn't mind playing some games with guys here, I'd like to beat all the campaigns on Expert and the Expert Realism achievement (both of which are damn near impossible when playing with pubs). I get my gaming rig down to uni on Saturday, after that I'll be up and running again.

Back