Would you rather see new-

• Xen/Alien Wildlife

Votes: 130 52.6%
  • Combine

Votes: 99 40.1%
  • Think we are set on enemies

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
I want to see the Gargantua come back into episode 3. That was my favorite enemy in the original half-life.

OMG this.

Though by the look of that piccy, all ya really need to do is put a couple of magnum rounds through the gaps in the armour around the kneecaps :p ****in' great rendering

Lots of people think that but i highly doubt valve will use that story. What a surprise that after years and years of wondering who the Gman is, the G in Gman stand for Gordon.

Wake up Gordon man!
Wake up and smell the ashes

combine xen were a pain i the ass

also did any one realize there are still xen creatures from HL1 in hl2 universe not featured like the bull squid it cause eli to loose a leg

My point is, the Antlions are part of the HL universe, and they're not gonna just go away because you asked. You might as well get rid of Headcrabs and Alyx.

Houndeyes, bullsquids, alien grunts, gargs, and alien controllers which are part of the HL universe and haven't been seen since HL1 eat your comment then poop it back out and serve it steaming hot back to you with a breath mint on the side. :cheese:

Two things
1:Why can't people stop it with the insane idea that Godon is the Gman
THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
Second: F.Grigori the game has been out for like what....5 years?
I'm sure we noticed that there are no Bullsquids in Hl2 -_-

I will vote for the Combine, because the Borealis is a ship and there wouldn't be any aliens... just the combine, anyway Combine is my favorite. :)

I could easily see the return of the tentacle....

...under the ice, which by using cinematice physics, breaks through the ice and attempts to attack on occasion

Xen Wildlife... May I recommend the Boids? ;)

If any Bullsquids or Houndeyes have survived till the present day they dont live near City 17 (probably got killed by the ridiculously massive antlion infestation) and I doubt they live in the Arctic either.
If they were going to feature Episode One was the perfect time for them.

Seriously though Garg, Tentacle, Hydra, Boid, all cool with me.

If it has to be a Combine enemy, I hope they can somehow shoehorn the Cremators back in :) .

If it has to be a Combine enemy, I hope they can somehow shoehorn the Cremators back in :) .

Cremators ftw

From what I understand the cremators carried those liquidator guns or something, which would erradicate organic matter from the streets after a firefight. But what gets me is that the weapons that they use look like modified versions of the gluon gun.

Arn't most combine weapons on Earth just assimilated Human weapons, that were just on the drawing board or never made it to public knowledge before the invasion?

It could explain why the turrets in AS fired the same rounds as the tripods in HL2, but just looked different.

Since this thread was summoned from the vast halls of dead threads, I shall voice my humble opinion that I'd like to see more combines. Possibly also those that were originally planned to be added to the combine forces but were scrapped(I fail to see why because they sure as heck looked a lot cooler than the fatty elites that made it to the game). Also, maybe the return of houndeyes? Just no antlions please... Follow Freeman was just super-annoying thanks to them.

Da. Only good antlion is a dead one. But in the artics i think we will lose them.

Combine Synths. Far more interesting. Xen wildlife is boring, trivial and probably has zero place in Episode 3 now that the storyline is tightening down and moving toward a conclusion for this part of the story. The atmosphere of an overrun Earth is cool, but just not for Episode 3.

Agree. ;)

Xen was annoying if you missed one jump then you had to wait 3 hours for the platforms to come back round. :hmph:

i'd like to see both new and old xen and new and old combine. but mostly id like to see new combine

Crab synth is an obvious choice for the arctic environment.

THINK OUT SIDE THE BOX
caps

If you know what the crab synth is you should get it.

Crab synth is an obvious choice for the arctic environment.

As well as (a much larger than originally planned) Mortar synth and hopefully other new synths.

To swan_song: Go to the "new combine ideas" thread to find out what the crab synth is.

New aliens

How about something, which is under the ground and waiting for someone to get into the trap or some plant creatures wich can get you covered in acid like the bullsqids.

Personally, i think there should definately be Combine crab synths/mortar synths, but as well as Houndeye and possibly other Xen fauna in the artic wastes/caverns. I think there should be Xen flora growing in caves such as the light stalks and Xen biomass/rock-stuff.

Tentacles would definately be an interesting enemy to fight in the arctic, as well as Ichthyosaurs and also Boids randomly flying around. :p

How about something, which is under the ground and waiting for someone to get into the trap or some plant creatures wich can get you covered in acid like the bullsqids.

Acid version of the tentacle :naughty:

Different clothes for zombies, I'm tired of looking at average joe clothing.

Also a zomtigaunt would be nice.

I want to see some sort of flying Xen creature, something that gets your eyes off the ground & makes you watch the skies for baddies as well - after awhile I feel like things get a little 2D shooting at stuff only on the ground. The Acid Lions I think were a move in the right direction for this.

When I played half life I loved everything the setting creatures etc, but in half life 2 the only thing I missed was the xen creatures so XEN

Back