Tank
Reaction score
Yahoo! Exclusive trailer
Digg

Release Date: November 13, 2009
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Roland Emmerich
Screenwriter: Roland Emmerich, Harald Kloser
Starring: John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, Woody Harrelson
Genre: Action
Official Website: WhoWillSurvive2012.com

Plot Summary: Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. "2012" is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

Kick. Ass.

Though I feel they showed entirely too much. :\

since my friend gets free movie passes everyday because he works at the local cinema, I'm going to enjoy this movie at no cost. it should be a good one regardless that it wont come true or not

Emmerich, who else? He just copy/pastes for every film.

Starring: John Cusack

Insta-fail.

What's wrong with John Cusack?

The reason this movie will fail is because it's made by a shitty director and presumably the writer is awful as well. The cast is pretty good.

I beg your pardon?

Very well. You are pardoned. But don't feel bad, i'm sure many others like his masterful portrayals of 'speechlessly flabbergasted', 'staring blankly while in emotional turmoil', and 'speechlessly flabbergasted while in emotional turmoil' too.

this is AWESOME!!!

WE ARE THE PRIESTS OF THE TEMPLE OF SYRINX....

oh wait 2012

lul yeah, got a long wait for that one, should be a corker though. Unless John Cusack is in it.

Looks like it'll be a fun popcorn flick.

Basically The Day After Tomorrow 2.

Very well. You are pardoned. But don't feel bad, i'm sure many others like his masterful portrayals of 'speechlessly flabbergasted', 'staring blankly while in emotional turmoil', and 'speechlessly flabbergasted while in emotional turmoil' too.

okay that was pretty funny :D

some movies look like crap and then you go see them for free and then they're not so bad. if you have to pay for the movie, its a gamble because reviews don't help at all. I've said this a thousand times but Dumb and Dumber got a really bad review score from the top critics but contrary to everyone's beliefs at the time, it grossed a lot of revenue and was a sleeper hit. Its one of my favorite comedies and seriously any movie can be a good movie if you give it a chance

Movie meteors always look so bad.

Looks decent for a disaster flick. I'll probably go see it.

The amount of action and shit blowing up in that trailer is hilarious!

I'm sooo seeing this.

What impressed me was the scale of things. A lot larger fields of view than we normally see in a movie.

Man, I'm a sucker for disaster movies, and the "Cities and people getting destroyed by natural disasters way of proportion" looks like it just reached new heights. Totally going to see this.

Also, I heartily lol'd at the snapshot of the giraffe in the harness.

That looks beautifully stupid. I might have to go see it, doubly so if Cusack somehow subverts the whole thing.

I don't find it very entertaining that this film is coming out. We are going to be destroyed by an all-consuming comet in 2012 and people are making films about it? Bad taste. Bad fucking taste.

I saw ships and a giraffe... Is this a Christian film?!?

Ahahaha holy shit this is literally:

SHIT BLOWS UP: THE MOVIE

I saw no less then 10 scenes of planes flying from/flying into things. I'll probably watch it.

I will definitely go see it, if only for the awesome looking special effects.

That video of the guy saying it's a fake sealed the deal. It's all fiction.

Wtf happened to Roland Emmerich? He used to make good sci fi movies.

So why is it, in every disaster/alien invasion movie, it's always about a single parent trying to save his whiny ungrateful kids?

This shit is retarded, they're building noah's arc? the giraffe gave it away. And the president just happens to be black... oh how relevant.

even john cusack can't save this crap from the looks of things.

Seriously what is causing **** to blow up? just cos it's 2012 things just decide to fall apart?

EDIT:

from wiki:

Vinod Madavaraj, a pharmacy technician and amatuer archeologist, unleashes hell when he finds an ancient mayan tomb and presses a shiny button causing a global cataclysm to occur, which leads to the end to the world and has survivors struggling for their lives.

Good god *facepalm*

Wtf happened to Roland Emmerich? He used to make good sci fi movies.

I don't know what parellel universe you hail from, but it's not this one. Emmerich has never made any such movies.

Back