New Far Cry 2 images

That looks really amazing!
I'm really afraid the requirements will be too high though :(

i would assume it would be no more then crysis. those textures look much richer though.

If it's anything like Far Cry or Crysis, the gameplay will be mediocre and the storyline will be laughable.

Ubisoft designs these games with such mammoth requirements so that they'll still be cutting edge in a few years. But what's the point if the game itself isn't memorable enough for people to go back and play it. I hate this graphics race going on.

I wouldn't care about story if I was able to deal death in that kind of display.

If it's anything like Far Cry or Crysis, the gameplay will be mediocre and the storyline will be laughable.

Ubisoft designs these games with such mammoth requirements so that they'll still be cutting edge in a few years. But what's the point if the game itself isn't memorable enough for people to go back and play it. I hate this graphics race going on.

There won't be any mutants/aliens, so it has that on Far Cry and Crysis.

I don't mind this graphics race, actually. You can't make a good storyline in the same way that you can make good graphics. Hardwork won't create ingenuity or inject fun into a game, but it can generate superb graphics and imagery like Crysis did.

I don't expect my games to have both superb graphics and gameplay. Instead, I expect entirely the opposite. I'll often buy two types of games; those with excellent graphics like Crysis, just for the scenes or games like Half-Life or TF2 for the excellent gameplay or story that they provide. When a company comes up with a game with a game that manages to outshine everything else in both graphics and gameplay, I don't criticize everyone else, I congratulate the game instead.

Personally, I'll be buying Far Cry 2 for the stunning visuals that Ubisoft claims it offers. If it offers an immersive storyline I'll be hooked and might find it worth playing for the whole 100 hours they claim it has.

It also has the fact it's now Ubisoft developing the game rather than Crytek over both Far Cry and Crysis.

They obviously didn't take a lesson from Crysis.

Most gamers are not going to shell out an additional $250-300 on a video card (in some cases also a new motherboard, ram, and cpu to accomodate the video card) just to play one game.

I checked out the Crysis demo when it was released and it played okay on my computer but looked like crap because I had to turn the settings down. So I never bought the game. A lot of people didn't buy the game.

And you know what they blamed poor crysis sales on? Piracy.

That is what they will blame low sales of Far Cry 2 on as well.

History about to repeat itself?

Holy shit.

You probably won't be able to play it with a computer that's older than a month.

err...the low crysis sales were because of piracy. people only downloaded it for benchmark reasons.

err...the low crysis sales were because of piracy. people only downloaded it for benchmark reasons.
...and also the fact that people don't have ubercomputers that can run crysis with any consistency. Why buy a game that's gonna run like crap?

Um.. so are you saying if there was no way to download it online these same people who have spent $50 to use the game just for benchmarks? Because I don't think they would.. therefore sales weren't lost to piracy because they never would have bought the game if it were their only option.

You've reached the conclusion, but you seem to have missed the point as to why people only resorted to downloading it for benchmarks reasons. It's fairly obvious and it's already been stated a few times in this thread.

Personally I think their business model is absolutely ludicrous.

Looks good but it will never sell sufficently, its like Crysis' new born brother.

Back