New Gorillaz and Strokes album

Reaction score
Wooo! Gorillaz and The Strokes are coming out with new albums this year.

The Strokes' frontman Julian Casablancas and guitarist Nick Valensi started writing new material for their band's forthcoming new album in the latter stages of January 2009, which they were set to go in the studio to finalize in February of the same year.

Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett stated in an interview with CBC News on 17 September 2008 that they will be doing another Gorillaz album. Hewlett says that from their work on Monkey, "we just learned more about what we do, musically and artistically. That's a great place to come at when we come to another Gorillaz album. It doesn't have to be animation and music." Hewlett also expressed annoyance at having to draw the band members again, "I'm so ****ing bored of drawing those characters. But then we had a moment where we had a new angle on it... I'm gonna adapt them." In a later interview Hewlett said, "they'll be the same characters, but a little bit older and told in a different way." An article by the Toronto Star stated that the duo hope to begin work on the album in January 2009. Albarn also said that he wants "to work with an incredibly eclectic, surprising cast of people." On 14 January 2009, Damon Albarn made an appearance as a guest DJ on BBC Radio 1, premiering demos of three new Gorillaz songs, which are entitled "Electric Shock", "Broken" and "Stylo".

I've been listening to Gorillaz demos and my favorite would probably be Broken. It's got a nice beat to it. I'm hoping that the Strokes style has changed since they broke up. Anyone else here fans of Gorilalz or Strokes?

I'm now eagerly awaiting the new Gorillaz album. The Strokes are a bit less awesome, but I do like their singles, and First Impressions of Earth is a pretty decent album.

I'm definatley interested in how Hewlett is going to draw the Gorillaz now. Is This It is my favorite Strokes album

The art and story of the Gorillaz is what interests me most, being quite a fan of Hewlett's work. Musically I always found them damn good at singles but pretty lackluster at being seamless with the rest of their music.

Back