New mod now getting formed - FoS

Racer2

Reaction score
Name Of mod: Fall of Saigon

URL to mod: http://www.fallofsaigonmod.com

Bio of mod: We plan to be the first HL2 mod set in the Jungles of Vietnam and the mean streets of Saigon.

Promo images of mod:
chevro10.jpg

What you need help with: Coding, Mapping and Animating

Thanks you for taking the time to visit our site and register in our forums. Lets get this mod going and have some epic battles in the jungle.

So what's the difference between a "team leader" and "mod manager"?

Still waiting for that sticky, Ennui.

We have gotten things going and are nearing an alpha test. We have made some map models and have a professional mapper on the mod team (works for Infinity Ward). Good group of guys some come and go but we are still progressing. Please stop by our website/forums and say hi and offer a hand if you can map or model.
Our player modeler was mostly done and seems to have disapeared lol. That would be our most pressing concern.
Hopefully we still have some people in here interested in Source mods..

Congrats on still existing 2 years later and apparently getting some shit done.

Shouldn't your mapper be working on MW3 if he's really a mapper of IW? And if you ever pull this through, it'll be generic, I promise you.

Yes he really does map for Infinity Ward, he is a graduate of UCLA and a friend since we modded together like 7 years ago. I've know him since he was in High School, we both live in LA area. He met our mod team leader back then also and all 3 stayed friends ever since.
Part of what makes us three not give up, is because we all like each other and want to help each other in any way we can.
Two of us were hard core Tour of Duty mod fans, Mantis the mod team leader has a Masters degree and is married. He was one of the last remaining members of the ToD mod team (he joined long after it was released). I'm ex Military and oldest of the bunch, just fell in love with Half Life and then BF2 and its mods.

Anyhow it may be generic but we are trying and hope to release a fun game and appreciate any positive input and help anyone can give. Edeslash your welcome to chime in our forums and let us know what you would like to see so the game is not so generic it bites. And if you have any skills feel free to lend a hand to make that happen also.
We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, just stay true to the original mod ToD and add any new twists we can along the way. I was a hard core clanner for many years in TFC and played in like 10 TFC leagues. I also ran a ToD league. So I also will make sure the mod is fun from a league perspective.

At the rate we are going we may just be the last source mod released lol. We aren't going to worry about that, we just love gaming and mods.
Appreciate any help you can give us.

At the rate we are going we may just be the last source mod released lol. We aren't going to worry about that, we just love gaming and mods.
Appreciate any help you can give us.

WE'LL see about that :p

I guess you arent Racer45 right?

good luck man :)

Naw Ive been Racer since my TFC days. Only Racer 2 here cause theres another racer. Maybe me using my old email lol.
In BF2 I was Rac9088 and then Racer9088 when I played the mod Point of Existence, Eve of Destruction and Operation Peacekeeper and one other mod with the map Uranium Works or something, mods name now escapes me.

Thanks for the well wish. BTW someone posted a link recently to firearms Source for the particles. Love them, a couple of them are perfect. I think it was a pipe bomb or grenade explosion I loved a bunch. I played a few hours of 'Firearms' bitd. I tried just about all the mods lol. Firearms, Natural Selection and one other (had a subway map) were very well made and popular.
Others like the mods 'BrainBread' and 'Public Enemy' were sweet but never caught on for some reason.
My fave HL mods were 'Tour of Duty' and 'Hostile Intent'. I got to play ToD back in the WON days when the mod was semi popular.

My favorite source mod, that Ive tried, is 'Insurgency"

Just FYI Im told we could have a playable alpha build before falls over if we just had some player models. I offered to pay a guy like $100 for the US and another $100 for a NVA model with just four variations (sleeves rolled up or down etc). He started but left said hes too busy with real life and his own mod. Also we decided against using any textures, models from other mods, everything will be our own or Valves.

Back