Scanner (Minimum Posts: 110)
Manhack (Minimum Posts: 230)
AntLion (Minimum Posts: 360)
AntLion Guard (Minimum Posts: 500)
Combine (Minimum Posts: 700)
Hydra (Minimum Posts: 900)
Prowler (Minimum Posts: 1010)
Strider (Minimum Posts: 1500)

I promised you I'd let you all know what they've changed to and here they are. Same rules apply - anyone deliberately spamming to make themselves an "omg i r teh l337 Strydarrr!" will have their post counts reset, but at least it's something a bit different :D

This may change soon, but we'll keep you posted.

I was starting to wonder about that...

I still don't know what half of these things are...

edit: Okay, I know all but three... Manhack, Prowler, and Scanner... :dozey:

I think you should have custom titles once you reach like 1700 or something around there.

Now to install quick reply and all is well.

Originally posted by Chris_D
Same rules apply - anyone deliberately spamming to make themselves an "omg i r teh l337 Strydarrr!" will have their post counts reset, but at least it's something a bit different :D

Chris all due respect, but i feel the new ranking system should not have been posted...

all u need to do is go look a particular ranking thread to see that clearly pple have been and continue to spam to the highest ranking..

i could start naming pple.. but somehow it seems that won't make a difference..

If you named people and produced evidence then quite clearly the mods and admins haven't been doing our job so then we'd consider resetting people's post counts.

People wanted to know what the rankings were. I told them.

Re: Re: New Post Rankings!!

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
Chris all due respect, but i feel the new ranking system should not have been posted...

all u need to do is go look a particular ranking thread to see that clearly pple have been and continue to spam to the highest ranking..

i could start naming pple.. but somehow it seems that won't make a difference..

As Chris said, if you can give us links and names then they can be looked into.. I'm doing what I can to spot them and making a few enemies at the same time. But if you can help by giving us all a heads up that'll be great.. Best bet is to PM the info to one of the super moderators that are online at the time if you can't see a section moderator who's currently available for that section, or if its happening in HL2 discussion then PM myself, Login or Ghost and we'll get on it as we're usually skulking around the forums somewhere :)

I guess this makes more sense now, of course a strider could kill a combine.

heh.

Originally posted by nw909
I guess this makes more sense now, of course a strider could kill a combine.

heh.
Ive been saying that all along. BTW thx Chris.

It was great fun being a Prowler for a few days :)

Does this mean we can annoy the Zombies instead of the headcrabs?

BTW: You didn't make the headcrap ranking!! :(

I was an antlion before the change and now Im a Manhack, pretty cool, now I know what my post count is, kinda anyways heh

Because registration date does not represent participation.

interesting

i think they should be spaced out a little more....but i really dont care that much.

Very nice. May I ask what my post count is? Or maybe can we have our counts back to see how far we have to go? Not that I care at all about ranks. Ahem.

Originally posted by Sulkdodds
Very nice. May I ask what my post count is? Or maybe can we have our counts back to see how far we have to go? Not that I care at all about ranks. Ahem.

I'd have to say its things like that which got them removed in the first place "to see how far we have to go" its not a game to see who gets to the top first ;(

Point. That's not at all what I meant, but anyway...I will cease and desist.

I think it would be cool if a person somehow established themselves with some cool act or persona or a really sweet mod projet that they could achieve a custom rank. Not sure how you would decide what was cool enough for a person to achieve this status, but....

Originally posted by phantomdesign
I think it would be cool if a person somehow established themselves with some cool act or persona or a really sweet mod projet that they could achieve a custom rank. Not sure how you would decide what was cool enough for a person to achieve this status, but....

come up with tons of content for the site, tutorials and stuff like that, who knows, a passing friendly admin might grant you your wish *shrugs* more chance of it happening than people begging for custom titles yet doing nothing but moan and complain about HL2 not being released

manhack sounds "wrong"
i dont know why, and i cant think of this other meaning it would be... but it just does sound wrong, ^.^

ill get over it... or get a new rank..
- also. i always wanted to know how the ranking system worked.

ok scanner are those small beekindashebangs ,right?

but what is a manhack? And Antlionking? Are there some scrnshots I missed?

ta'
How a bout +1700 = biozeminade, eh?
*winks*

why isnt the gunship on as a rank?

and for those who want to know there posts its really easy...u just need to know a little about forums :cool:

Well, I thought about the Gunship.. but it's not really a character. If I included that I would have to include the Buggy, APC, tank and Joe's ford fiesta :)

/me awaits the hordes complaining the Gunship is half organic..

Originally posted by Munro
Well, I thought about the Gunship.. but it's not really a character. If I included that I would have to include the Buggy, APC, tank and Joe's ford fiesta :)

Hey, dont say that!

The gunship is half organic!

(i had to do it.... sorry)

So why am I still listed as Hydra? I should have been demoted to Antlion Guard...

edit: nevermind, I see that I had to post to update my rank....

Typhon said:
So why am I still listed as Hydra? I should have been demoted to Antlion Guard...

edit: nevermind, I see that I had to post to update my rank....

Alas, it was a clever trap :)

Hmm, few peeps already beat 1,500 (nw, lone etc.), any chance of a new rank to up the leet? ;)

Munro said:

okay, so according to ur explanation, there should be a "Assassiness" rank.. right? :E

wheres the rank buddy?! :p :LOL:

Dr. Freeman said:
okay, so according to ur explanation, there should be a "Assassiness" rank.. right? :E

wheres the rank buddy?! :p :LOL:
The post ranks will probably be changed after HL2 has been out a while and we know properly what characters / creatures are in it. But not immediately after otherwise it risks spoiling it for people too much.. Maybe a few weeks after.

.. I still say the lowest zero post rank should be cockroach though :E

-

Thats not an invitation to some people to post what creatures they might have learnt about in the stolen files. You know full well what we'll do to those posts :p

Fenric said:
The post ranks will probably be changed after HL2 has been out a while and we know properly what characters / creatures are in it. But not immediately after otherwise it risks spoiling it for people too much.. Maybe a few weeks after.

actually i took that Assassiness character rank from the characers page... no Fenric, i have NOT played the stolen build :upstare: :p

it probably got left out mistakenly... i don't see another reason why it would be left out.. :dork:

Dr. Freeman said:
actually i took that Assassiness character rank from the characers page... no Fenric, i have NOT played the stolen build :upstare: :p

it probably got left out mistakenly... i don't see another reason why it would be left out.. :dork:
That last bit about using info from the stolen files was directed at other people (they know who they are ;))

I dunno why the assassin was left out tbh. Probably just forgotton.. But if its in HL2 atall it'll probably make it in next time I imagine.

Whoa, I must have had my head in a barrel. Never noticed Chris_D made staff here. Late congrats from me!

Come on you know you want custom rankings, how about 2000 posts

Fat Tony! said:
Come on you know you want custom rankings, how about 2000 posts
It's possible the ranking titles will be improved and extended at some point. But custom titles for users is very unlikely, too many will abuse it and spoil it for the rest of you :(

Though saying that, it could be cool to give out custom titles, maybe larger avatar space to the best posters, those who's posting is a cut above and benefits the community the most, as rewards, or those who make a big effort in general. But nothing to do with how much someone has posted, that would encourage spamming.

Fenric said:
Though saying that, it could be cool to give out custom titles, maybe larger avatar space to the best posters, those who's posting is a cut above and benefits the community the most, as rewards, or those who make a big effort in general.

Eep! Rewards = Bad! Equality = Good!
Communism!

Anyway, all those users are already moderator :upstare:

How exactly would people abuse custom titles? Of course they could start putting offensive stuff in them, but the same thing goes for signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back