New RDR gameplay looks f*cking beautiful

Nice!

It's also a plus that the main character sort of looks like Clint Eastwood.

they screwed up on the clothes though. needs more ponchos and thin cigars

Good to see it looks like the production difficulties have been ironed out. Clearly a day-one buy for me for hours of pointless old-timey Western violence.

lol at the Call of Juarez shooting mechanism. Was that a Truck with a gattling gun at the beginning?

The more western shooting games the merrier. I loved the last Call of Juarez game.
This game seems like a mixture of that and GUN. I'd love to see a spaghetti western game with some humor in the future. A game based on the many Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill movies would make me jizz in my pants.

Eurogamer has a huge preview up. This game really sounds great:

As a rule, as long as it ain't human, you can skin it. A cougar appears and I'm forced to resort to Dead Eye to take it down. One skinning later and all that's left is a rather unsettling feline corpse. But the cougar wasn't working alone, and before I'm able to do anything, another has savaged my horse to death. I shoot the cougar and slice off its settee cover. And then do the same to my horse. It's what she would've wanted. By the end of my playtime, I've resorted to Dead Eye shooting a horse limb-by-limb before tearing off its skin like I'm stripping a bed. I feel dirty and ashamed.

The final playable mission is from later in the game. Marston calls on a shambling drunk named Irish, who knows the location of a Gatling gun he needs for a major hit. The only problem is it's stored deep within a heavily guarded mine. A tense shootout in tight, underground tunnels plays out, before the gun is retrieved and transported out in an entertaining mine cart sequence. At one point, I spot an enemy up ahead laying explosives on the track in my path; a panicked Dead Eye shot misses the explosives completely but kills the guy, while another shot successfully ignites the obstacle at exactly the moment the body lands on it, causing it to shoot backwards spectacularly as Marston and the cart zoom safely through the smoke. Yee-haw!

There's so much more to say. I could talk about the vulture-shooting mini-game; the deliciously cruel potential of the lasso; the bad, bad thing I did in a church; collapsing unconscious in a bar after caning two shots of hard liquor (eerily similar to my own tolerance). And then there's multiplayer, which, according to Rockstar, will be part of the next reveal. I could go on, but like Grand Theft Auto, the joy is in the discovery and individual experiences.

You mean proper bitchslaps of doom.

lol those sounds are so corny.

hype steadily increasinggggg.....

but seriously, I've been excited about this ever since they released the first, proper trailer
and it looks better and better with every new reveal

Looks hilariously fun. Hope they clean up that lag, then again it looks like they're pulling a pretty high level of detail out of the RAGE engine (and no shitty distance filter, yay~).

Don't forget beans! Lotsa beaners!

Sorry, back to topic.

This is how I read your post.

Also, yeah its looking really good. Perhaps it turning out to be a good game will be some small consolation that all the bullshit the developers had to put up with. The only problem is, it looks like its got framerate issues.

I can't wait!

I NEED IT NOW! DAMDIOAIERJ!

Honestly, what sensible person can't love the idea of GTA meets Spaghetti Westerns!?

YOU CAN KNIFE FIGHT A BEAR IN THIS GAME

1264752652248.jpg

Am I the only one who finds this completely uninteresting?
3rd person run'n'gun, yawn! GTA4 but in the wild west - who cares? :dozey:

Not enough green for you Irish, I'm guessing!:dozey:

GTA is one of my favorite series. This should be a bit different - a fresh take - which is welcome.

Holy shit this looks awesome. Once Mass Effect 2 is behind me, this will be my next hype.

They still have like 2-3 months to clean it up or even delay it to smooth it out. I doubt it will look so choppy upon release.

I also have to think there will be a PC release as well. Why would they NOT release a PC version the same exact way they did for GTA IV? It may even look/run better than the console versions and imagine the fun to be had with mods!!!

Red Dead Redemption. Because Grand Theft Horse just didn't have the same ring to it.

Way back when Max Payne came out I was in the process of creating a total conversion/mod for it that essentially would be this haha. The bullet-time for aim, was going to have 'shoot outs'/duels, etc. Researched all the right period specific guns (gatling gun included) etc.

...I'm suing!

Red Dead Redemption. Because Grand Theft Horse just didn't have the same ring to it.

And because it's the spiritual successor to Rockstar San Diego's previous Western game "Red Dead Revolver" for the PS2 and XB1 :p

And because it's the spiritual successor to Rockstar San Diego's previous Western game "Red Dead Revolver" for the PS2 and XB1 :p

Its surprising how many people don't realize this is a sequel. Almost nobody at work knew about the first one.

I remember it by name only, but didn't pay attention since it was a console game.

Gorgeous, but what is this game about, shooting people in 101 ways?

Back