New steam ID converter

Arne

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hello guys and girls!

I've been a loyal fan of the weekly round up of valvetime and therefore decided to sign up! I've been working on a tool for Steam lately and I would love to introduce it to the valvetime members as well.

The tool basically is a Steam ID Converter, just like some other sites. I actually made this for fun since I'm a beginning coder. I'm definitely planning to give it many more unique features in the future. I would love to hear the feedback on the design, and the way it works.

Thanks!
Arne - http://steamid.co/

The only issue I have is that I can't log in with Steam when I want to write a message in the Guestbook :\
(Sorry for double posting)

Nice work, always like to see people learning a new skill and release something from their learning experience rather than just reading the textbook. I'll be using this instead of the other site above, thanks for your work. Keep us updated on what else you do!

Nice work, always like to see people learning a new skill and release something from their learning experience rather than just reading the textbook. I'll be using this instead of the other site above, thanks for your work. Keep us updated on what else you do!
Will sure do! I'm already planning a new project and will definitely update you when it's finished!

The only issue I have is that I can't log in with Steam when I want to write a message in the Guestbook :\
(Sorry for double posting)

That's weird, what error message do you get?
EDIT: I'm sorry, the compression broke the login. I removed the compression and it works now, thanks!

You did a great job with the interface. Love the mouse-over URL examples, though I was thinking I had to click on them in order to submit that type of URL. Maybe the fact that they're treated as links and turn the pointer into the hand is why I got the impression. Also loved the drawer to show all the other useful Steam links.

EDIT: JS code looks pretty decent too. May I ask what the backend is?

You did a great job with the interface. Love the mouse-over URL examples, though I was thinking I had to click on them in order to submit that type of URL. Maybe the fact that they're treated as links and turn the pointer into the hand is why I got the impression. Also loved the drawer to show all the other useful Steam links.

Thanks for your feedback! I didn't know the pointer could cause any confusion, I will remove the pointer and make it a normal cursor in the next site update.

The next site update will also include a blog :) Thanks!

pretty nice tool, definitely going to start using this one over the one i currently use (steamidconverter). :)

thanks for the share and the hard work!

Back