Offical Steam Hater

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
What You Doing Here ?
Go Away The Show's Over , Out Out !

I hate steam too. I've had nothing but problems since the new upgrade.

Its a BETA meaning its not finished and is supposed to have bugs.
If you hate beta software you should not have downloaded it.

How else am i gonna play cs 1.6? I had to download it for to play it. I got mine working though after reinstalling it about 4 times.

I have no problems with it, and i think it is good! Took a while to get used to the interface, but i like it now :)

1) its a beta
2) works fine for me
3) cs sucks

Guess what? Half-Life 2 uses Steam now instead of the normal ingame server browser we are all used to. So you'd better like it soon, cause you'll be using it alot come sept 30th!

So you are testing a beta application and a beta game (cs 1.6) and you are whining that it crashes. :D Really funny. If you don't like crashes, don't use beta software. Or get a good computer, everybody I know that has a good computer it works on perfect.

And by the time HL2 comes out steam 2.0 is supposed to be out of beta. So it should work fine by then for all you guys.

Yup, I'd like to stand up and say that Steam works just great too.

It's just the vocal minority who are having problems I would guess..

I had a look at the Steam status page the other day, about 20,000 connections to the Steam service and so there are comparably few complaints.

Steam doesnt bother me, i really only use it for HL2 media :D

It's working fine for me, and I think it's a pretty good idea as well.

personally i have had tons of bugs with steam. I recently had to reinstall it.

I cant complain though: if it werent for steam i would never have gotten over $100 worth of some of the greatest games ive ever seen for free:thumbs:

i also have yet to have any problems with steam. althought my favorites list never did work until the recent upgrade. yay! :p

I like Steam too. Probally one of my favorite functions is the freinds thing I love being able to find a freinds game fast. i will also probally buy hl2 of it.

Whoever made that pic spelled "Official" wrong :LOL:.

Yeah it does take up way too much space, but they might add something that puts file shortcuts in the Steam directory, instead of copy+pasting your HL/CS/OpFor/TFC installations.

Originally posted by Adam
Guess what? Half-Life 2 uses Steam now instead of the normal ingame server browser we are all used to. So you'd better like it soon, cause you'll be using it alot come sept 30th!

That's not true. :dozey:

i dont like steam one tiny bit to be honest. I like to have controll over the software i install and where it installs and what it installs. If HL2 is going to use this as update tool i will be very dissapointed. I rather have a normal update file. I would recommend u not buying your HL2 copy on steam. This development really makes me puke.

Steam is a pos

i am soo pissed off with this pos program right now.
i have a 3 gig cap per month for my cable connection (i live in australia broadband internet is very crap atm) and steam has just decided to randomly download 600mb of absolute crap so therefore it has just used up 1/5th of my bandwidth for the month :devil: NOT HAPPY!!!!

how can you download the HL2 media from steam?

Back