ok im still havin trouble with my pc

||Diablo||

Reaction score
yup its another "i want to upgrade my pc but not all that sure" thread...

anyway ill be spendin alot of money and dont want crap..
so this is what ive looked at to buy

- AMD Athlon XP Barton 3000
- 512MB 333MHz DDR RAM ---------------> £370.13
- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mainboard

- Crucial PC2700 512mb DDR 184pin DIMM -------> £69.09

- ATI Technologies RADEON 9800 PRO ----------> £183

- Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 120Gb 7200rpm 8mb Cache ATA133 Hard Drive - OEM ---> £83.18

= £620

my budget could stretch to £800 cuz maybe a 256mb video card would be bette... allso maybe the pen4 3ghz but ive heard AMD is just as fast.... :thumbs:

ill prolly need a new case...and my 17 inch packard bell moniter is abit dull and makes dvds look really dark so a new 21-22inch wouldt hurt

You might want to consider a gig of ram (2*512mb) I'm sure you can find a way to use it all ~_^
And I'm going to go for a 19" monitor, twill be a very nice change from my current one.

[edit] I've heard that if you want to oc you should go for the p4 2.4c and oc the snot out of it, otherwise probably something like an athlonxp 2500+.[/edit]

ok thks but ive never overclocked anything ..dont know how...and the above does say i will have 1024mb ddr ram :thumbs: 2 x 256mb with motherboard bundle plus an additional 512mb :thumbs:

I've always wanted to overclock my microwave, sounds hella fun.

why not get pc3200 ram instead of pc2700?

Originally posted by Alanity
I've always wanted to overclock my microwave, sounds hella fun.
Would be counterproductive, as the frequency wouldnt boil the water any more :)

Btw, PC3200 is 400mhz memory. The A7N8X only supports a 333mhz FSB, and most of the time you run memory in synch with the CPU. Doesnt have to of course.

AMD Athlon XP Barton 3000
- 512MB 333MHz DDR RAM ---------------> £370.13
- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mainboard

you got that all for only 370 ? damn where did you buy it? :p

yea where are you getting a 9800pro for 183£??

let me know... because thats nearly 100£ cheaper than what i can find a 5900 :/ please please please tell me because i will definately get one of those :)

TheRook
(i will grovel more)
p.s. if you say you got something for a GREAT price please tell me where!

::edit:: i typed in the wrong price it said 170 actually 183

but please gimme the link for it :)

Originally posted by dawdler
Would be counterproductive, as the frequency wouldnt boil the water any more :)
I mean bump up the power not the frequency. I found a website where someone did it although that guy is completely insane....

Originally posted by Alanity
I mean bump up the power not the frequency. I found a website where someone did it although that guy is completely insane....
You said overclock, last time I check you overclock freqency :)
Well, you could to volt mods and up that too, not quite as safe as upping the FSB freqency though :)

And a 9800 Pro for 183 does sound very cheap (yes I noticed it was in pounds). But we always have expensive hardware here in pesky little Sweden ;(

The A7N8X only supports a 333mhz FSB
The current version of Asus A7N8X-dx and non deluxe support 200FSB(400). But it's still best to run insync with the FSB and Memory.
Dont want PC3200 and a 333FSB.

lmao :) unlucky mate... your not getting that graphics card... if you notice the website where its 183£ its an american site and ive already been there in my bargain hunt and they DO NOT ship internationally so if you live in the US well done but as your pricing in £'s your screwed :p

TheRook

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hahahahah....

aww that means i dont get one either...
:flame:

nooooooooo but the webby is .co.uk ? errrr grrrrr ok thks anyway ill go look for the uk 9800 pro:eek:

yea if you noticed that site was a compare site and that showed the american prices in british pounds :/ but if you go into it more it says they dont ship outside the US (thats why iw as pleased when i was looking for my 5900 and it said at 160£ :) )

TheRook

keep in mind the Xp 3000 runs at 2.17Ghz

go for a pentium4 2.4c, and you will save some cash for 3200 ram, and the nice videocard

you can also OC it very easily.

i dont want to oc anything cuz i dont know how and i dont want to take any chances at reckin it....i want an AMD even tho u can get p4 3ghz

the amd is alot cheaper aswell

allso with the motherboard bundle im gettin it just a whole lot cheaper or i could buy the motherboard/processor/ram sperate

Hey, with AMD you can't go wrong, they cost ALOT less, and the performance difference isn't worth it IMO.

Back