Pariah singleplayer demo out now

The demo was kick ass you must have a crappy pc no offence brother but i would not play it if you dont have a 2.8 or more a 9800 pro 256 and at least 512 mb ram.

Personally it lloks awsome andd very fun to play :)

I got the single player demo in my maximum PC and it was not very good. It was decent but the bad visuals and overall feel of the game was the same as UT2004 single player expansion with bots. The weapon upgrade system is cool but it makes the guns suck until they are upgraded. I would consider getting the game for $20 but not full price. Wait for the reviews I say. (and I play the game at max settings 1600x1200 its no doom 3, half life 2 or far cry)

Alan Freeman said:
The demo was kick ass you must have a crappy pc no offence brother but i would not play it if you dont have a 2.8 or more a 9800 pro 256 and at least 512 mb ram.

I have an Athlon 64 3400+, 1 gig PC-3200 RAM, and a 9800XT - I had no problem running the demo at the highest settings. I just thought the gameplay and visuals were absolutely awful. :sniper:

might download it tomorrow,wait for more comments,need sleep now

Alan Freeman said:

Calm down, it only uses the Unreal engine. A 2ghz could play it fine.

Well that demo was utter shit. No quicksave features, no save features that i saw at all, buggy grenade launcher (kept coming up with green all over the screen when the grenades exploded) average graphics and average gameplay. Dopey physics too.

Another sign that consoles are ruining PC games.

chu said:
Another sign that consoles are ruining PC games.

I wish people would stop spouting this complete crap :/

This just an average/poor game - and that's that.

Warbie said:
I wish people would stop spouting this complete crap :/

I'm not surprised. People are full of shit like always.

The game looks great and very fun, with a cool story. I know im getting it.

Raziel-Jcd said:
The game looks great and very fun, with a cool story. I know im getting it.
I'm just curious - you seem to like this game, while the rest of the world abhors it. What are your favorite types of games, and what are your favorite games in general?

Well the file has been pulled from the site at the requset of the developers. I think they must be pretty ashamed of what they've created and want it to be on the shelves before people realise it isn't as great as it could be.

Was thinking about downloading it, but now I dont think I'll even bother.

Xune said:
Well the file has been pulled from the site at the requset of the developers. I think they must be pretty ashamed of what they've created and want it to be on the shelves before people realise it isn't as great as it could be.
more like they have an agreement with the magazine that the demo would be an exclusive,someone uploaded it,someone at pariah forums told the devs,they requested it to be pulled

This is the internet and they aren't stupid. Everyone know that exclusivity lasts as long as it takes to upload a file. They obviously have something to hide by pulling it.

Xune said:
This is the internet and they aren't stupid. Everyone know that exclusivity lasts as long as it takes to upload a file. They obviously have something to hide by pulling it.
nah i still think its coz the mag got pissed but whateva i wouldnt have bothered anyway

Narcolepsy said:
I'm just curious - you seem to like this game, while the rest of the world abhors it. What are your favorite types of games, and what are your favorite games in general?
It's not my place to answer for him, but I seem to remember that he had the guts to admit to liking Deus Ex 2 and Unreal 2 in the face of my ranting about them :) (sorry if i'm talking BS!). I can see how anyone who could stomach Unreal 2 could stomach Pariah... I think I need to give the demo a fair trial again - my mum was shouting at me at the time. Didn't seem too interesting though. As someone said "like an Unreal Tournament botmatch"

Kazuki_Fuse said:
That's what happens when games are developed cross platform.

EXACTLY!!!! Cross platform development is killing PC gaming. Personally I haven't bought a cross platform game in several months and I will never, ever buy a game that was built for consoles and PCs at the same time, ever again. If that means missing out on absolute crap titles like Pariah and Brothers in Arms, wonderful.

Yea, BiA was a pretty good example of a shitty console port, and Pariah does seem to be going down the same road

Add Beyond Good & Evil to the crappy ports list.

How about we make a new thread where we just list games that've been ported from console to PC badly?

jondyfun said:
Yea, BiA was a pretty good example of a shitty console port, and Pariah does seem to be going down the same road
shit port, more like just a shit game

StardogChampion said:
Add Beyond Good & Evil to the crappy ports list.

How about we make a new thread where we just list games that've been ported from console to PC badly?

Beyond Good and Evil was amazing on the PC as long as you have a gamepad; no problems with the game and the graphics look so much better than on a TV.

Beyond good & evil was amazing on the pc, even without a pad.
Deus ex 2 was 10x better then the first.
BIA was a wonderfull game, tehre was absolutely nothing wrong with the port on the pc, if you did not like the game, it was because you just don't like that kind of gameplay.

Grey Fox said:
Beyond good & evil was amazing on the pc, even without a pad.
BIA was a wonderfull game, tehre was absolutely nothing wrong with the port on the pc, if you did not like the game, it was because you just don't like that kind of gameplay.

I will say on my deathbad that Deus Ex 2 was one of the worst games ever.

BIA I totally agree, I liked the concept, but the situational view was done so badly that I just couldn't get into the game like they wanted me to.

bought BIA last week, having a blast ...although I never use situational awareness view as it's kind of useless

I'll just let out my opinions in a stream of consciousness:

BG&E totally made more sense on console, from the PC demo that I played, anyway.
Everyone's right in that console-to-PC ports are terri-ma-ble as a general rule.
I played the Pariah MP demo for five minutes and then uninstalled it, not impressed.
I DID like Unreal 2 (proud to say it) and never played any Deus Ex game, not for any particular reason other than lack of motivation.
I will not buy Pariah.

fin

CptStern said:
bought BIA last week, having a blast ...although I never use situational awareness view as it's kind of useless

Heh, yea, never used the alternate view, just got in the way. Hate the way they say 'krauts' every ten seconds. It ran like shit too.

jondyfun said:
Heh, yea, never used the alternate view, just got in the way. Hate the way they say 'krauts' every ten seconds. It ran like shit too.

me either. but im even more creeped out that you have me as a sig

Forgive this man, he knows not what he says!

I will say on my deathbad that Deus Ex 2 was one of the worst games ever.
But it wasn't that bad either!

Deus Ex 2 was a good game that was a terrible sequel to the greatest PC game of all time.

Fishlore said:
EXACTLY!!!! Cross platform development is killing PC gaming.

Oh please. PC gaming killed itself when it went for graphics over innovation. Look at most of the PC games coming out. They're either sequals or carbon copys of other games. And when a really imaginative game comes out that is unique it gets crushed by hordes of people looking for the sequal of another game. (Cases in point, Startopia, Evil Genius hell even Act Of War which came out a month ago and beats the pants off any RTS ever made.)

The problem is. PC development has become too costly. Its a lot easier and cheaper to develop for consoles. Plus, if your game does flop you'll still make more money than if you flop on the PC platform. Not to mention its easier to code for consoles etc, etc, etc.

You will never see a game like Katamari Damacy on the PC. Why? Its too much of a risk.

Why do you think most of the "most revolutionary games" on the PC appeared before 2001/2002?

Innovation on the PC is pretty much dead in the water at the moment.

Whilst you may be somewhat right that PC games lack innovation and are costly, the implication is that Console games are somehow exempt from that which is utter bullshit: consoles since the PS1 generation have been slowly becoming more and more like PCs in not just Hardware terms, but buisness and development terms as well. The very existance of cross-platform titles shows that all of gaming is now in the same boat, and both Console and PC are killing themselves by graphics over innovation. Case in point - Final Fantasy. Name one PC game that has become so long winded and destitute and you'll win a cookie. Or a slap in the face.

Though frankly, HL2 had both graphics and innovation anyway.

Venmoch said:
Oh please. PC gaming killed itself when it went for graphics over innovation. Look at most of the PC games coming out. They're either sequals or carbon copys of other games. And when a really imaginative game comes out that is unique it gets crushed by hordes of people looking for the sequal of another game. (Cases in point, Startopia, Evil Genius hell even Act Of War which came out a month ago and beats the pants off any RTS ever made.)

The problem is. PC development has become too costly. Its a lot easier and cheaper to develop for consoles. Plus, if your game does flop you'll still make more money than if you flop on the PC platform. Not to mention its easier to code for consoles etc, etc, etc.

You will never see a game like Katamari Damacy on the PC. Why? Its too much of a risk.

Why do you think most of the "most revolutionary games" on the PC appeared before 2001/2002?

Innovation on the PC is pretty much dead in the water at the moment.
yeah i kinda agree.

kupoartist said:
Name one PC game that has become so long winded and destitute and you'll win a cookie. Or a slap in the face.

Tomb Raider? Except change graphics with Bra Cup.

And Consoles are easier and cheaper to develop for. The main reason being that you only need to cater for one platform that will always be the same. Developing on the PC is hell. One you have to make sure your game/engine will work with most makes of hardware, then you have to code different stuff to take advantage of the hardware etc only to find theres an obscure error thats only caused with X Y Z hardware that you overlooked. Not to mention any time not coding compatibility can be used to create the content. Something like Jade Empire probably would take a lot longer to make on PC than X-Box.

Because its cheaper publishers are willing to take risks. Half-Life 2 only had innovation because Valve could afford to. They were able to pour lots of money into making their own game without publisher pressure. Something most developers simply don't have.

Would a publisher be willing to take up a game like Mashed or Psi-Ops hell even Timesplitters on the PC alone? Nope its too much of a risk. It has a high chance of divebombing as soon as its released. Not to mention the larger market share of console owners there are. Innovation thrives on consoles because the development overheads are less and theres more chance people will pick the game up and play it. And now services such as X-Box live are taking hold it seems that PC gaming may just be in its final throws of death.

I mean the only PC game I've played recently thats most ground breaking is Darwinia. And thats a bedroom coder game (And a very good one too) Brothers In Arms wasn't really revolutionary at all. It just took the "take cover" part of AI and added a little indicator thing hell even Act Of War which I'd say is the best PC RTS at the moment still took a lot of inspiration from C&C, Starcraft and other RTS's before it.

I dont think consoles are easier to develop for, in many ways it's harder you are restricted to certain hardware restrictions which holds your art team back, you are forced to use the same tools used for many other games for the console etc.

You still see more creativity, innovation and quality in console titles these day. There's the odd title that stands out on the pc, but on the whole we just get a truck load of 'album fillers'.

Pariah is the perfect example.

i'm very much enjoying the MP demo of Pariah.. cant be arsed to get SP

Back