Prey Demo June 22!

xlucidx said:
o_o... Sleep, dude.
It'll be waiting for ya in the morning. n.n

Exactly. It's only being posted on GS at first isn't it? If I remember correctly their downloads suck when they release stuff like this.

AmishSlayer said:
Exactly. It's only being posted on GS at first isn't it? If I remember correctly their downloads suck when they release stuff like this.
And Xbox Live! I think anyway..

AmishSlayer said:

Yes indeed, their site ends up getting bogged down pretty fast.
By tommorow there'll be plenty of places to snag it.
I just hope someone gets a torrent up.

Cerpin said:
How long?

Here's the timer.

Oooh, just noticed a demo video was added to the page...
But I don't wanna spoil the demo for myself so, I'll stay away. :D

Oh and guys, please don't spoil the demo for anyone still downloading it! :)

theotherguy said:
meh. just heard about this game and it looks like doom tbh.

Probably because it's on the Doom 3 engine.

It sounds like gameplay will be a lot different though (not just shooting your shotgun at monsters that run at you).

AmishSlayer said:
Probably because it's on the Doom 3 engine.

It sounds like gameplay will be a lot different though (not just shooting your shotgun at monsters that run at you).

ah! no wonder. But I doubt what much more gameplay you can get out of the D3 engine other than running around in very dark corridors shooting plastic monsters.

theotherguy said:
ah! no wonder. But I doubt what much more gameplay you can get out of the D3 engine other than running around in very dark corridors shooting plastic monsters.

Well then you just don't have a very good imagination :p

There's some twists in gameplay that sound and look fun like changing gravity, spiritwalking etc.

well for my sake I hope it rocks, because then I'll be playing a great game with no hype at all.

It is going straight onto Xbox Live... Right?
I'm just making sure so I don't have to download the damn PC one that will take ages to finish.

0 days 0 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds

thank you digiq8 you are a god among men.

I was tearing my hair out tryng to find the damn GS link. I'm waiting through the damn timer to start the download. and then nothing. Just ads saying how the demo is totally coming out 6 minutes ago. sheesh

Here's a quick message from our forums, posted by 3DR president George Broussard about availability of the Prey 360 Demo.

We do not want 360 people waiting up for the demo or having false expectations. The 360 demo will not appear on Marketplace tonight.

I'm still waiting for specifcs, but I'm being told that it's still in testing at Microsoft. From what I understand this isn't Microsoft's fault, and is more likely just an issue of timing.

I'm hesitant to give any estimates for a release, but I've been told it should be reasonably soon after the PC release, but could be as long as a few days.

We will post an update as soon as we have more solid information.
ah well, i can wait.

Bleh, I knew there'd be horrible bandwith behind this demo release. Tomorrow after work it is :(

The links are on the page now. Too bad they're slow a hell. This is what I hate about demos being exclusive to one site. The public servers get completly overloaded and the only people who will actually get to play it tonight are the ones with paid subscriptions. I wish the developers or publishers or whoever made the deal with Gamespot would show a little decency and turn down offers for exclusives.

...was about to post that! Thanks, PrimeSuspect. ~15kb/s download speeds from Gamespot are no good. I surpassed my progress from Gamespot (45min) with the Fileshack transfer in about five seconds. :LOL:

So it didn't come out on 360 at release. Why not?

Edit: Just read destrukt's post, and I have to say I do not approve. This should have came out exactly at the same time it did for PC. Now, I have to download it on PC, play it, then download it on 360 and play it.

I'm getting 630 kb/s on Filefront. No registration, no nothing. I wouldn't share this, but I'm too damn nice for my own good :(

JNightshade said:
I'm getting 630 kb/s on Filefront. No registration, no nothing. I wouldn't share this, but I'm too damn nice for my own good :(
You win at life! :)

Ah, thank you.

Edit: Great, I got it and it DOESN'T ****ING WORK! I just get an error message when I try to start it. Shit!

My first impression:

Attachments

• prey.jpg
    prey.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 295
Back