Request Ban User. Extremely Good Reasons

I think you should pm a mod instead of posting this...

He has been dealt with. Next time just use the report button or PM a super moderator that is currently on. It looks like he was on a school/library computer just trying to cause chaos.

I love it how peolpe can track IPs.

I warend him and i warned him again.

P.S i did report him. And i did OM all admins and Asus.

I know i dont have much say around here but i checked some of his so called "topics" out and his topics/posts are extremely offensive, he seems to be here for the fun of stiring things up and i will 2nd a ban.

He has been banned. All his posts have been deleted.

Nice one mods/admins/supermods

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please stop urging admins to IP ban people. (See, I asked nicely) It is not fair to those on dynamic IPs, people that use public IT resources or people on school computers.

All its going to take is someone on my ISP to get banned a few times and I will start having to re-connect to the net to access this site. Or I'll get blocked altogether.

I appreciate there is no ideal method for banning people, but IP banning effects innocent bystanders...

They won't IP ban people if their IP changes frequently.

Link said:
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please stop urging admins to IP ban people. (See, I asked nicely) It is not fair to those on dynamic IPs, people that use public IT resources or people on school computers.

All its going to take is someone on my ISP to get banned a few times and I will start having to re-connect to the net to access this site. Or I'll get blocked altogether.

I appreciate there is no ideal method for banning people, but IP banning effects innocent bystanders...
We ban IP adresses, not IP ranges.

ComradeBadger said:
We ban IP adresses, not IP ranges.

I know, thats what I mean. I'm on a dynamic IP, which means if you IP ban someone also using my ISP, they can come back after a reconnect and I will ocasionally get the banned IP and have to reconnect to use the site.

And its resonable to assume that you will end up repetedly banning this guy, as he can keep coming back, and it will get harder and harder for me to access the site (Again, through no fault of my own)

Banning by email is more effective, as it takes a lot more effort to sign up a new email account than to simply reconnect to the internet.

Anyway, in the end, its up to you guys. Just my point of view.

Link said:
Banning by email is more effective, as it takes a lot more effort to sign up a new email account than to simply reconnect to the internet.

You cannot sign up a new account if the email address is in use anyway. Also, it's not difficult to get a new email address. For example, I have about 5 main ones that I use regularly and with the help of some rather handy catchall's on the domains that I own...an infinite number of throwaway's.

Most people who are bannable sorts are kids who do not own domains. But signing up a new hotmail account takes 5-ish minutes. Reconnecting to the internet takes less than ten seconds. Plus, there is the overriding factor of making others lives hard for no fair reason.

The people that we need to IP ban are exactly the kind of people that own domains, and I can assure you that I do check a persons IP history, and can tell if someone is on dial-up. Please credit me and the rest of the admin team (moderators/super moderators cannot place IP bans) with enough intelligence to only IP ban someone if it will actually effect their ability to view the forum. We have other ways of dealing with people who are on dial-up, so the chances of you being caught by an IP ban are very slim.

We are not amateurs at this, we know what we are doing.

And anyway, you missed my main point. You cannot sign up with an email account that is already in use.

*63 backgrounds 'YMCA'

thanks Zerim!

Back